8 Trendy Wardrobe Essentials You Need This Summer

Let’s face it, last year was a flop. Although quarantine gifted us with inspiration and awakened our inner fashionistas, all of our inspired TikTok and Pinterest outfits never saw the light of day. Well, except for when we glammed out to take mirror photos in our backyards. Missing out on the opportunity to strut last summer, fashion brands have not disappointed. Here is a full list of summer 2021 wardrobe essentials and examples to guide you through slaying this season. 

1. 1. Strappy Swim

I know what you’re thinking: But what about those wretched tan lines? Okay, but hear me out — this summer (as well as every season of the year) is all about you. If you want to wear your criss-cross bikini top, relaxing in the sun while sipping on your ice water, and reading the summer’s best-selling book, then you should go for it. Tan lines should never stop you from living life to your fullest.  

Nasty Gal: Strappy Bikini

Amazon: Halter Cross Front Bikini

Victoria’s Secret: Strappy Triangle Bikini

2. 2. Pastel Colors

Spring and summer colors work in tandem this year. All of your springtime pastel pieces will come in handy. 

Lulus: Pink Lace-Up Sandals

Zara: Pastel Satin Dress

Hollister: Baby Tie-Front Tee

3. 3. Oversized White Tee

Plain white tees are always a staple. This season you can match it with a pair of biker shorts and gold jewelry — chunky or dainty. Or throw a crochet top over it and pair it with a skirt. You can never go wrong with something simple and comfy. 

H&M: Wide-cut White Tee

Abercrombie: Oversized Boyfriend Tee

Aerie: Boyfriend T-Shirt

4. 4. Tiered Midi Dress

This is the only silhouette you will need this summer. Live out your prairie days fantasy and frolic in a field somewhere with this dress on. 

Hollister: Cutout Tiered Midi Dress

Abercrombie: Tiered Trapeze Midaxi Dress

Gap: Tiered Midi Dress

5. 5. Slide Sandals

Flip flops are out and slides are in. Slip ons make an outfit look effortless and neutral colored shoes can match with any pastel hue you might be wearing this summer. 

Banana Republic: Crossover Slide

Lulus: Chic Slide Sandals

Steve Madden: Block Heel Slide Sandals

6. 6. Cut Out Tops

These unexpected places of missing fabric in tops are fresh and drawing to the eye. Not to mention, the cool draft you can catch with these cutouts in the summer heat. 

Abercrombie: Seamless Cut-Out Bodysuit

Zara: Cut Out Crop Top

Zara: Cut Out Bodysuit

7. 7. Wide-Leg Bottoms

It’s no secret that wide-leg bottoms are superior to the skinny and super skinny silhouettes — sorry to all the millennials who are reading this. Baggy pants and tiny tops are super cute together. But have you tried an oversized tee and a cross-over bag with these? 

Nasty Gal: High Waisted Wide Leg Pants

Abercrombie: Linen-Blend Cropped Wide Leg Pants

Aerie: Flare Leggings

8. 8. Crossover Halter Top

This one is an early summer trend. You can find this shirt being contorted from a scarf or cut up t-shirt all over social media. But if you lack the necessary skills to DIY it, you can find it pre-made online this summer. 

SHEIN: Tie Back Halter Top

Walmart: Backless Halter Neck Top

Nasty Gal: Crossover Crop Top

Stay cool and stylish with these trendy summer items — and show quarantine what it missed out on!