This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With the pandemic still in full swing, opting out of a night out on the town with your partner can still be fun — especially during the holidays. And this year, our holly jolly spirits are off the charts. Considering everything we’ve been through this year, we couldn’t be more ready for the holidays. Here are eight stay-at-home holi-date ideas for you and your partner during this pandemic.

Scout for holiday lights

Some of the best holiday light displays can be found right around your corner. Spectacular house decorations are put up each year that deserve more attention. You can find the most magical holiday lights right here in Central Florida. Hop in your car and cruise down the streets of Winter Park to experience the holiday enchantment.            

Hot chocolate by the fireside

We may not get a lot of snow — or even cold weather for the matter — but hot chocolate by the fireside is a holiday staple. If a real fire isn’t a viable option, you can set up a free fireside video on your TV or laptop and cozy up with your warm hot chocolate in the air conditioning. If you want to put a 2020 spin on your holi-date, try the infamous Dalgona coffee technique to make some whipped hot chocolate

Build a gingerbread house

Gingerbread houses are a fun and challenging activity for couples to endure this holiday season. Let’s face it, getting those walls to stay together just with frosted bonds isn’t easy. But if you’re willing to put in the work, you’ll have a fun night together pasting and decorating something you can look at all season. Visit your local Target or Walmart to buy a set, or find a great gingerbread recipe and make everything from scratch.

Deck out for the holidays

Gather all your decorations and spend the day decking the halls. You two can listen to the most cheerful holiday music while you hang tinsel and holly. Tap into your creative spirit and personalize your space with some holiday DIY decorations

Caroling via Zoom

This year, we won’t see many singing strangers knocking at our doors to belt out a holiday melody. But that doesn’t mean we can’t still spread a little holiday cheer. Send out Zoom links to your friends and families and spend the night singing carols to your loved ones. 

Make cookies from scratch

Who can resist fresh, homemade cookies? And they only taste better when you bake them yourselves. Spend your date preparing your favorite holiday cookie recipes. Or let’s say you aren’t a huge cookie fan, or maybe you’re a seasoned baker looking for a challenge: there are many holiday desserts you can try. You could create your own holiday flavor. The best part about this date is that it allows you to create a tradition between the two of you, and have something to look forward to next year. 

Decorate stockings

There are a plethora of different stockings you can find at the store, but none of them are specific to you. Plan a night making special personalizations to your stocking with your special someone. When you hang them up this year — and hopefully the next — you’ll get to see your holiday self-expression and recollect the memories you made decorating them. If you don’t consider yourself particularly creative, here’s a step-by-step to embellishing such a simple holiday decoration. 

Holiday movie marathon

Round up your holiday movie snacks and cozy throw blankets. This date will be long. There are way too many must-see holiday movies, it’s hard to pick which ones are most worthy of binging. 

COVID doesn’t have to ruin everything in 2020. There’s still something insanely special about this time of year. The holiday season is a fantastic time to make memories, and memories can last a lifetime — even if your relationship doesn’t.

Hope is a senior at the University of Central Florida, majoring in advertising and public relations. When she isn't working to further her career in the communications field, she enjoys spending her time catching up on the latest politics, fashion trends and Star Wars memes.