This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Half of American women wear a size 14 or larger. So why is it so difficult to find clothes that fit?

As a plus size woman, I believe that everyone deserves to feel comfortable in their own skin. And believe me, clothes make a big difference. Fashion is more than just self-expression — it’s a reflection of who you are.

So, in honor of all the big, beautiful bodies out there, here’s a guide for where to shop when you’re plus size:

Anthropologie

Who knew that Anthropologie had more than cute home decor? If you’re a fan of bright, bold colors and pretty patterns, you should check out Anthropologie Plus. Anthropologie’s clothes are a little pricey, but each piece is unique and sourced with care. Their tops, pants and dresses are creative and comfortable— and offered in sizes 1X-3X.

ASOS Curve

ASOS is a British online retailer that sells brands you’d recognize such as adidas, Calvin Klein, Levi’s and Nike. If you’re in the market for new athleisure or jeans, ASOS Curve might have what you’re looking for. From casual staples to special occasion dresses, ASOS Curve has it all up to size 4X (US 24). 

Eloquii

Eloquii is where comfort meets fashion. It’s everything you ever wanted in your closet available in sizes 14-28. Eloquii is more expensive than some of the other retailers on this list. For this reason, the brand created an Elements collection for “everyday fashion at feel-good prices.” Shoppers can also opt for Eloquii Unlimited — their online monthly subscription rental service for the latest styles.

Fashion to Figure

Fashion to Figure creates trendy clothes for fashion-forward individuals. Their motto is “fashion is a state of mind, not a size range” and I wholeheartedly agree. FTF sells sets, dresses and glamleisure for sizes 0X-4X. The brand also has its own rental service (FTF Closet) for people who are hesitant to commit to buying clothes. 

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant isn’t just for moms and working professionals. Founded in 1904, Lane Bryant is the largest plus-size retailer in America. The company caters to style-conscious women sizes 10-40. Lane Bryant is best known for its selection of petite clothes and plus-size intimates.

SHEIN Curve

If you’re on Instagram, then you’ve probably heard of SHEIN. SHEIN is a fast-fashion brand with an “everyone can enjoy the beauty of fashion” philosophy. SHEIN Curve offers sizes 0X-5X (US 12-22) at prices that won’t break the bank. The site sells the latest trends from bodycon dresses to cami tops. If you’re on a budget or want to try out a new style, SHEIN Curve is a good option. 

Target

I love shopping at Target — and their plus-size department is just another reason. Unlike some of its competitors, Target sells stylish clothing pieces at affordable prices. The brand is at its best when it comes to essentials such as tees, intimates and dresses. Target’s plus-size clothes are size-inclusive (X-4X or 14W-30W) and many are the same styles as their straight sizes.

Torrid

Torrid has been my go-to place to shop since high school, so this list wouldn’t be complete without it. The brand was founded 20 years ago and has since become one of the biggest plus-size clothing retailers in America. Torrid offers workwear, activewear, swimwear and much, much more. Their sizes range from 10-30 (M-6X) and there are new sales online and in-store daily. 

Now that the semester has officially ended, you deserve some new clothes to celebrate!

Brie (she/her) is a senior at the University of Central Florida studying literature, digital humanities and editing & publishing. In her free time, she enjoys watching movies, singing in the shower and taking care of her houseplants.
UCF Contributor