8 Reasons Why You’re Going to Homecoming this Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Have you noticed how much UCF has been on a roll this year?  Not only is it our 50th anniversary as a student body, but we also recently reached the Top 25 in College football and  our Women’s soccer team recently became the Number one Seed with 15 straight wins! 2013 has been our year in both athletics and in celebration as a university, and what better way would it be to celebrate being a UCF Knight than during the most festive and anticipated week of the year; Homecoming Week! Here are 8 reasons why you won’t want to miss out on the festivities of this upcoming Homecoming Week:

Concert Knight On Saturday, November 2nd  

You’ll be able to be a part of UCF’S biggest concert of the year and listen to this year’s artist’s Italian DJ and Ultra Music Record Producer Benny Benassi (Famous for his hit “Satisfaction”) and Timeflies.

Skit Night on Sunday, November 3rd 

You’ll have a chance to witness in full action the anticipated and competitive singing, dancing, and acting of UCF Student organizations during Skit Knight.

Movie Knight on Monday, November 4th

You’ll get a chance to be a kid again with a “College” touch by watching “Monsters University” while getting free stuff and food.

Comedy Knight

You’ll be able to laugh your heart out with friends with this year’s featured Comedian Craig Robinson( Most famous for his role in “The Office”) and Mark Normand!

Penny Wars

You will have a chance to spread good karma by donating to UCF’S Knight –Thon (UCF’S Dance marathon that benefits the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals) by participating in Penny Wars!

Spirit Splash on Friday, November 8th

You’ll have a chance to be a part of history in UCF’S nationally awarded “Best Campus Tradition” and Epic Pep Rally! This is a memmory you’ll tell your children about in the future!

Homecoming Game on November 9th

You’ll get a chance to be a part of history as the UCF Football Team goes against the Houston Cougars, as we continue our rank in the top 25 of the NCAA College football teams!

50th Anniversary

2013 marks 50 years since we’ve been a university. We’ve come a long way since our days as “FTU” and this Homecoming week gives us another reason to be proud to be a Knight!

The Movement begins Saturday, November 2 and goes through until the following Saturday, November 9!

Student ticket distribution will begin Monday, October 28 and continue while supplies last.

College goes by fast, so make the most of your days as a Knight this Homecoming week and create unforgettable memories; Life is beautiful, enjoy it!

Ligia Forbes is a student at the University of Central Florida, and a Her Campus UCF News Writer. Afro-latina, World Traveler, UNICEF Advocate,Big Sister, and lover of living life on purpose.
UCF Contributor