This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s November, which means finals are coming soon. Time to get into study mode! Thankfully, there are plenty of places to study at UCF. In no particular order, here are 8 of the best on-campus study spots:

The Reflection Pond

On a bright, sunny day, this is the perfect spot to visit. Bring a blanket and check off tasks for the day. At the reflection pond, you’re able to get some fresh air while completing homework. If you’re sick of studying in your room, switch it up and check out this cool campus spot.

The John C. Hitt Library

A benefit of studying at the library is that each floor gets quieter as you ascend. Everyone’s study preferences are met with this system. If you prefer no talking while you’re studying, the topmost floor is where you would go.

Additionally, if you plan on studying with friends, students can reserve study rooms in the library. The John C. Hitt Library is a place where students can find what fits their studying preferences.

The Student Union

The third floor is my specific recommendation. It’s one of the quietest places in the student union. In the hallways, there are seating areas for students. Check out the third floor in the student union when studying! The second floor also has some great options, including the booths and recently added tables

Business Administration I

In this study spot, I recommend the second and third floors. Those locations offer a peaceful area to hit the books. Each hallway of the second floor has tables and chairs for students looking to study for class. For students who prefer complete silence, the third floor is the best place for you. The Business Administration 1 building is another great building for exam preparation.

Trevor Colbourn Hall

Within this building, there are plenty of seats for students. Those who’re seeking to study in a completely quiet area can do so on the second or third floor. As students gear up for the end of the semester, they can be productive in this campus building.

Health Sciences I

This one was suggested by a fellow UCF student. When I asked about their favorite spot in the building, the student mentioned the tables on the second floor. Though students have class in this building, the noise levels are low. It’s the ideal location to get into study mode.

Burnett Honors College

This location holds a myriad of study-worthy areas: the study room, computer lab, hallway seats and the outdoor garden. Students can find an area that best meets their needs. Since many students don’t have classes in this building, there are minimal distractions.

classroom building I

The computer lab in room 101 is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Not only can you access computers; you can also prepare for upcoming assignments. Along with the other mentioned buildings, this one provides a space for students to get work done.

As the final weeks of the semester quickly approach — students should check out all the listed study spots. They each offer quiet locations to be productive. Find what works best for you!

Deanna is a senior majoring in English Creative Writing at UCF along with an Editing and Publishing certificate. After graduation, she plans to pursue an editorial career. When she's not writing or studying, she loves singing, listening to music, and watching scary movies.