7 Ways To Celebrate Halloween Without Even Leaving Your House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Halloween is one of the best holidays of the year, coming with everything pumpkin, dark-colored and spooky. While there are many places you can visit to celebrate, there are also many things you can do at home. Here are a few suggestions on how you can celebrate Halloween without even leaving your house.

Listen to spooky music

There’s no better way to get in the Halloween spirit than by listening to Halloween music. Streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music always curate fantastic Halloween playlists that feature classics like “Thriller” and “Monster Mash.” Listen to one of their playlists or create your own, and it’ll make you feel like you’re living in the heart of spooky season.

Make Halloween-themed recipes

If you haven’t looked already, you’ll probably be surprised by how many Halloween-themed recipes are on the internet. From breakfast, lunch and dinner, to appetizers and dessert, there are creepy recipes for almost every possible meal, and making one is a great way to celebrate.

Decorate your living space

Decking out your space in all things orange, yellow and black will get you in the Halloween spirit like nothing else. Add in some Halloween fairy lights and a set of decorative pumpkins and you’re all set.

Carve and paint pumpkins

Whether you choose to carve, paint or do both, this is a classic Halloween activity for a reason. It’s so much fun to come up with designs and paint and carve them on pumpkins. The internet has so many ideas for inspiration, and the pumpkins look fantastic once they’re finished.

Watch horror movies

Typically, streaming services will add horror movies and TV shows to their collections for the month of October, so this is a great opportunity to catch up on them to celebrate Halloween. Two of my favorite classic Halloween movies are Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus, but if you want to watch some seriously scary movies, Netflix has a bunch.

Taste Halloween candy

In addition to baking some of your own treats, another way to celebrate Halloween is by trying new candy and eating some of your favorite classics. It seems like each year there’s a new variation of some type of candy, such as witch’s brew Kit-Kats or vampire Hershey’s kisses.

Do a Halloween themed photoshoot

Once your living space is decorated for Halloween, a fun way to celebrate is by taking fun photos in a Halloween-themed photoshoot. Depending on how much you’ve decorated, there are several possible photo options to capture your love of Halloween and document your memories.

To celebrate Halloween, I highly recommend you try one of these activities. Though going out to celebrate Halloween can be fun, I personally find these activities just as fun, if not more fun.

Lindsey is a senior majoring in Advertising and Public Relations with a double minor in Writing and Rhetoric and Mass Culture and Collective Behavior at University of Central Florida. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing, advertising or pubic relations one day. Most of the time she can be found studying around campus or hanging out with friends. In her free time, she loves to travel, cook, and go to theme parks.
UCF Contributor