7 Signs Belle is Your Spirit Disney Princess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

From trips to Disney World to the princess aisle at Toys “R” Us, lots of little girls grew up surrounded by the princesses of Disney. And occasionally, some little girls grew up seeing themselves in certain princesses. They might have been fictional, but they were one of the most relatable people exposed to us in our youth. With the latest adaption of Beauty and the Beast hitting theaters in 2017, here are seven signs that Belle is your spirit Disney Princess.

1. Books are some of your best friends.

The feel of a hardback book in your grip, the sound of flipping pages, and trips to bookstores are right up your alley. Whenever you’re feeling down, sometimes ink and paper is the only thing that can pull you out of the funk.

2. You savor your alone time.

You don’t need to be constantly surrounded by people to be your usual happy self. Sometimes all you need is peace and quiet. And maybe even some tea.

3. Guys can’t intimidate you.

Hey, girl, hey? More like bye, boy, bye. You treat the men in your life with respect just as long as they respect you in return. Demanding attention (or marriage) is not the way to get in your good graces.

4. You have big plans for yourself.

To put it simply, you want adventure in the great wide somewhere. Staying in your “little town” has never appealed to you. The idea of traveling to far of places fills your dreams and there’s no doubt that you’ll chase them.

5. You and your parents get along great.

You’re the girl who never dreaded going shopping with mom, or spending the day with dad. Even now in college, keeping in contact with the parental units is second nature. You mesh really well with your parents and will defend them wholeheartedly.

6. Sometimes others just don’t get you.

You are no stranger to getting strange looks when you’re out in public. It doesn’t matter if it’s the way you dress, the way you speak, the way you think, or if your nose is constantly stuck in a book, people always have something to say about it. Good thing you willfully ignore (or are completely oblivious to) everyone else’s opinions.

7. You see the best in people, even if they don’t see it themselves.

This one pretty much speaks for itself. You fully believe that even the most beastly of people have good in them. And you have no problem trying to help them find it.

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Christian is a 2020 UCF graduate and Creative Writing and Legal Studies duel major and an aspiring novelist working on her debut novel. One look at her color-coded closet and it’s obvious why Confessions of a Shopaholic and The Devil Wears Prada are her favorite movies of all time. If she’s not spending all her money on clothes and high heels, she’s probably out buying more books to go on her already overstuffed bookshelf. The women she looks up to most are J.K. Rowling, the queen of all things literary, and Anna Wintour, the queen of all of thing fashion. If she could be a combination of them by the time she’s thirty, she will have proudly hit her peak.
UCF Contributor