Wellness > Sex + Relationships

7 Sailor Moon References That Accurately Describe Your Love Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I find nothing more accurate than “Sailor Moon” describing my love life. In honor of V-Day and the nostalgia, let’s dive into some Sailor Moon references for your love life:

1. Absolutely crushin’

“Alexa, cue my love playlist.” Maybe you find yourself daydreaming constantly about that one person. Whenever that happens, I totally envision myself with mega heart eyes. 

2. Taken & Lovin’ It

For the lucky ones out there, you’re taken and absolutely loving it! You may have just started dating, aka the “honeymoon phase,” or you’re longtime and thinking about the future. Either way, you’re ready to go all out this Valentine’s Day—though you should celebrate your relationship every day!

3. Thank U, Next

Ariana Grande once said, “Wearing a ring, but ain’t gon’ be no Mrs. // Bought matching diamonds for six of my bitches.” Keep in mind that you don’t need anyone to make you happy; finding happiness in yourself and your friendships is super important!

4. Don’t Talk To Me About Love

Sometimes none of us want to hear it. Everyone but us seems to be romantically invested, so a day in bed is just what we need.

5. He Makes Me So Angry, Why Do I Like Him So Much?!

This is what it feels like to be in love with someone like Niall Horan and remember he has no clue who I am. “Sailor Moon” accurately represents the forbidden fruits of our lives that we want but maybe shouldn’t or can’t have.

6. Broken Hearted

It just be like that sometimes…

7. Love Hurts

Being in love can hurt, being out of love can hurt and well, sometimes it all just sucks. The great part is that there’s always something to look forward to, even if it feels terrible now. In a more positive perspective, love can hurt in a lighthearted manner, like when your crush or significant other teases you way too much! 

With Valentine’s Day around the corner, as you walk down memory lane, check off what “Sailor Moon” gifs apply to you and then enjoy yourself however you see fit this V-Day!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Chelsea Velez is a senior majoring in journalism and double-minoring in creative writing & sociology. She spends most of her time writing, drinking coffee, and running around finding the latest story. She plans to become a well-known writer in whatever form that may be and inspire others through her content creation.