This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

To all my fellow wavies out there, you know the struggle. Choosing the right hair products can be hard, especially if you’re on a budget or are looking for something free of sulfates and silicones. There are so many products out there to choose from — shampoos and conditioners, leave-ins, and stylers. This can all be confusing, but have no fear! Here are some of my holy grail products that might just work for you as well.

Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls

This product has been a holy grail for me. It makes my hair oh-so-soft and I can’t help but run my fingers through my frizz-free waves all day. Plus, if your hair is in need of a protein boost, this one’s for you! To apply, scrunch the product into damp hair, and watch the waves appear. It’s that simple!

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

When I’m not using Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls, I’m grabbing this leave-in. It gives curl definition without weighing down your hair. Paired with your favorite gel, this product will give you frizz-free waves along with great definition. I love to use this product right after washing my hair; paired with any shampoo and conditioner, it works wonders!

Urban Hydration Avocado Oil & Argan Oil Coconut Oil Curl Defining Gel

Speaking of gels, try this one out! It has amazing hold and definition and is definitely a hair product hidden gem. With quality ingredients, it holds and hydrates hair in one swipe. Another benefit of this styling gel is that it’s vegan and not tested on animals.

Garnier Fructis Hair 1 Minute Hair Mask

Want to have soft, easy-to detangle hair? Then this product is for you! It comes in different varieties for you to choose from: hydrating, nourishing, smoothing, plumping and damage repair. Additionally, it has three functions: a conditioner, a leave-in or a one-minute hair mask. My favorite mask at the moment is the smoothing mask. It does an amazing job combating frizz and making my hair soft. My hair also detangles much easier when I use it.

Curl Defining Conditioner by Odele

If you are looking for a conditioner that defines waves and provides moisture, look no further. Odele’s conditioner also makes it easy to detangle hair and doesn’t weigh your strands down. The best parts? It’s free of sulfates, has a natural fragrance, and is vegan! 

Briogeo Farewell Frizz Rosarco Milk Leave-in Conditioning Spray

Got frizz? No problem! A few spritzes of this leave-in spray will give you frizz-free ringlets. With rosehip, argan and coconut oil, this spray locks in moisture and hydration to prevent frizz. It’s also free of parabens, silicones and sulfates!

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner

This is the perfect shampoo to hydrate and moisturize your waves! With coconut and shea butter, waves are left clean, moisturized and shiny. SheaMoisture has a matching conditioner, so if you like the shampoo, try out the conditioner too. The conditioner makes hair softer and your waves will look amazing after one use! The SheaMoisture shampoo and conditioner are the perfect pair. Bonus: you can find these at any drugstore, so they’re accessible and affordable.

Try one of these products out and I guarantee your hair will thank you. From leave-ins to gels to conditioners, there are many products to choose from. Say goodbye to the days of dry, frizzy hair and hello to soft, defined, nourished waves!

Jasmine Gregg is a senior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Marketing. Originally from New Jersey, she is enjoying the sun in Orlando! You may find her reading a good book(She's always looking for recommendations!), writing, or watching movies.
UCF Contributor