This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Hey everyone! Welcome back to Her Campus! As college students, one thing we all have a mutual understanding of is having roommates. We’ve all heard the drama, horror stories, success stories and practically everything else in between. There is, however, one very particular niche roommate story that I have stumbled upon…

If, like me, you’ve found yourself living with a YouTuber, here are some things you should expect!

“Hey Guys!”

Did your roommate just call for you? Or are they filming the intro to their video? This is a question I have failed to answer many times. If you have figured out this pressing life secret, please tell me.

Lights, Cameras, Action!

Be ready to have everything recorded — like, everything. A day out thrift shopping? Recorded. Baking a cake? Recorded. Visiting the black hole that is Target? Recorded. An impending hurricane? Recorded. All of this is great content to edit! And, because of this, your competitive nature will be revealed in “Getting to Know Me” trivia…

Bad Hair Day Hack

Do you feel like you look like a mess? Or maybe you’re not over your camera shyness? You are now an amateur camera worker! Congratulations! Add it to your resume. This is a fool-proof way to not get recorded or featured in the vlog on a bad hair day. Offer to record your friend for her while she’s walking around. Life hacks!

Cleaning Sprees

You will probably find random, cleaner spots in the apartment. It’s like when you’re a kid and someone tells you to clean your room, so you push everything into your closet…well, kind of like that. Did you come home to find one side of the counter spotless and the other half stacked with everything that had been laying around? Your roommate probably just did a “What I Eat in a Day” video.

Tripod Turmoils

Anything and everything can be used as a tripod. Tripods are expensive, take up a lot of space, and sometimes you still can’t even get the right angle. That vase, candle, book, and random plant pot you swore you wouldn’t use will do just fine when they’re all stacked. So, when your YouTuber roommate is in need, contribute to the stack and use this as an excuse not to open your textbook.

Expanding your Closet

One word: haul. If your roomie does style hauls, you may have just hit the jackpot. If you share closets, you now have a closet with some super sweet additions! If I ever pick up vlogging, I’ll make a haul video of everything I have stolen from her closet (sorry roomie)!

Tree #3

Even though your name was said in the video, you and your other roommates will not be identified by your names. You are now a nameless individual to everyone in the comments, and they will instead identify you as “that girl in the backseat” or those “obnoxious girls” (my personal favorite). Weird at first, but it’s one of the most entertaining things to read the comments and see what people pick out. 

Roommates all have their own personal quirks, and the oddities I’ve noticed while living with a YouTuber have been entertaining, to say the least — enough to write an article about. Observations aside, having a constant source of creativity and trend alerts has been an inspiration for my own life and style. So, without further adieu, go subscribe to Megan O’Rourke’s YouTube channel — a shoutout is the least I can do for exploiting her. And, as always, be sure to stay tuned for more Her Campus articles!

Images: 1, 2, rest of images credit to author

Stephanie is a senior studying advertising/public relations and is pursuing a minor in psychology at the University of Central Florida. As a self-proclaimed bookworm and movie enthusiast, she is in search of the perfect book/movie for every occasion. If not studying in a coffee shop, she can be found with friends exploring Orlando and checking places off their bucket list. You can find her on Instagram @steviewigles
UCF Contributor