6 Tips for Drinking at Amusement Parks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When you turn 21, you want to take every opportunity to drink no matter the social situation. Be it the club, Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, or even Halloween Horror Nights. Some people go by the motto “I don’t need to be drunk to have fun,” which may be true, but sometimes it’s fun to get drunk with your friends and get scared senseless together. It’s a bonding experience and it makes for some interesting stories. So, to avoid the tragically embarrassing situations use these tips on drinking at an amusement park

Bring a buddy.

Amusement parks are huge and while intoxicated can look even bigger and scarier than they actually are. Be sure to stay with your group as well, wandering off causes bigger risk to become lost in the crowd of other guests.

Bring extra cash.

Everything is overpriced at amusement parks so you can assume that the alcohol will be overpriced as well. The average price for an amusement park drink is 6 dollars. So spend your cash wisely, even snack food like a piece of pizza is going to cost you a pretty penny.

Listen to the vendors.

Vendors are allowed to deny any guest alcohol who they believe is selling to minors or who may be too intoxicated. This is to ensure the safety of the other guests and yourself throughout your stay at the park.

Know your limit.

This is a general rule of thumb for drinking but it is extremely relevant to this situation. You are going to be walking around for hours so getting shitfaced is not the idea of a goodtime for you or your friends. Read about the guest who lost their cool and assaulted three Disney workers at the Food and Wine Festival this year here.

Avoid rides if you feel nauseous.

If you feel ANY BIT nauseous, AVOID THE RIDES. You don’t wanna be that girl who pukes on the ride and has to cause the rest of the guest a longer wait so the attendants can clean it all up.

Do not bring any outside alcohol.

Parks like Universal are very strict on this policy and have security guards who patrol the parking lots in search of people who drink in their cars. Universal is notorious for their strict security, especially at Halloween Horror Nights. If caught with outside alcohol, one can find themselves with a one year ban from Universal premise.

So CollegiettesTM make sure to use these 6 helpful tips while drinking this Halloween season. It’s extremely important to be safe! Here are a list of amusement parks that serve alcohol!