This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Being in college, we’ve searched through plenty of markets. We know what to buy and where to buy it based on what fits conveniently within our budgets. Sometimes we find ourselves limited to what’s immediately around us—for good reason, of course! Most people have heard of Trader Joe’s, and while it may not be the closest to UCF, it’s definitely a spot everyone needs to go to! Here are six items to buy from Trader Joe’s:

Flowers

One of the first things you will see when walking into Trader Joe’s is an array of flowers. I am amazed at how vibrant all of the flowers lining the wall are! I have to say this is one of my top places to go, grab some different flowers, and make an arrangement out of them.

Speculoos Cookie Butter

Speculoos Cookie Butter should be considered infamous at this point! It’s gaining popularity in the U.S. but was first a massive hit in France, the Netherlands, and Belgium. You can spread it on a sandwich, eat it with fruit, and even blend it into a milkshake! What more could you want?

Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend

This is absolutely iconic! It’s a seasoning you won’t want to miss out on. It’s the perfect pair for your plain bagel—or you can get creative with it and find new foods to toss this onto! 

Kombuchas & Smoothies

I remember being a freshman in high school, drinking some of my very green juice smoothie while on my way to first period. Trader Joe’s has such a wide variety of juices and kombuchas that are unique and taste incredible! I highly recommend trying one of these out!

Cold Brew Coffee

C O F F E E. That’s all you truly needed to read. Trader Joe’s has some of the best cold brew coffee to invest in! You could easily pour it and go. Now that’s one of my favorite ways to have coffee!

Mahi Mahi Burgers

Need an alternative to a regular patty? Check out these insanely good Mahi Mahi burgers Trader Joe’s sells! They taste great and give you something new to try. 

Need a new place to shop? Haven’t really been to Trader Joe’s? Now is the perfect time to go try some new items while also exploring a little bit further from campus!

The nearest location is at Lakeside Shopping Center in Winter Park.

Images: 1, all other images credited to Maddie Kjosa.

Chelsea Velez is a senior majoring in journalism and double-minoring in creative writing & sociology. She spends most of her time writing, drinking coffee, and running around finding the latest story. She plans to become a well-known writer in whatever form that may be and inspire others through her content creation.
UCF Contributor