This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Finals are over and that means summertime has arrived. So what gets you into the summer mood post-finals? The perfect summer playlist! Here are 6 songs to get you in the summer mood:

Summer Days – A R I Z O N A

Start off your playlist with this hit by A R I Z O N A. “Summer Days” is the right mix between upbeat and chill, kind of like how we hope our summers will be. I can say it definitely sets the vibe for the rest of your summer!

Suncity – Khalid ft. Empress Of

Sunrise or sunset, “Suncity” starts or ends your day in one of the best ways. It’s definitely the theme song for when you’re driving on the highway with your windows down, feeling as free as possible.

Tongue Tied – Grouplove

Did someone say nostalgia? What’s a good playlist without some throwbacks? Take a trip back to 2011 and indulge in “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove. 

If I Can’t Have You – Shawn Mendes

Hooked on a summer romance? Shawn Mendes recently dropped a new song that’s ready to fill your summer days. What’s better than having that one song to jam to while dreaming about a summer romance?

Vacation – Thomas Rhett

Whether you adore country music or not, this song slaps. “Vacation” absolutely sets the mood for a weekend vacay or maybe a longer trip. It reminds you to treat any occasion this summer as a vacation!

Can’t Help Falling In Love – Kina Grannis

This song is the epitome of what it means to ease into summer nights, enjoying the little moments by the bonfire. It’s the song to play when you’re slowing things down and reminiscing upon what summer has looked like so far.

Whether it be taking a vacation cross-country, having to take summer classes or taking a staycation, these songs can set up your vibe for the summer. Just remember it’s easy to set the tone through a playlist sending you positive summer vibes!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Chelsea Velez is a senior majoring in journalism and double-minoring in creative writing & sociology. She spends most of her time writing, drinking coffee, and running around finding the latest story. She plans to become a well-known writer in whatever form that may be and inspire others through her content creation.
UCF Contributor