element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Holiday Gifts for the Men in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Every family has the man who, when asked what they want as a present for the upcoming holidays, shrugs and says, “uh, I dunno.” Men of all ages, from grandfathers to guy besties, are hard to shop for most of the time. As someone who likes planning and being ahead on gift-giving, that’s annoying. Taking note from past years, I compiled a list of the hits that the guys in my life really liked opening on their holiday.

Sunglasses

A new pair of Ray-Bans is always going to be a hit. Sunglasses are not only fashionable but functional, from lounging on the beach to walking downtown. An added bonus is that many of the popular sunglass shops have BOGO deals during the holidays anyway, so you can pick up a pair for yourself while you’re there.

Shoes

Whether they’re tennis shoes or cleats, shoes are a hit because they’re always necessary. You could opt for a brand-new pair of Nikes for the sporty guy or Sperry’s for the preppy one. Or if your dad is begging for some nice, warm house shoes, get him that pair of slippers he’s been eyeing in the weekly ads.

Shaving Kits

At first glance, it looks underwhelming; trust me on this. Shaving kits work for anyone. The Best Damn Beard WashTM is a popular wash for the guy with facial hair, but if he prefers to keep it clean, Target offers a variety of Harry’s razor kits that are a wicked deal. If you’re buying for your significant other, pick out an aftershave for him with a pleasant new scent.

Activewear

Workouts don’t have to be in dingy shirts from high school. Splurging on some activewear sets is always a good idea. Gymshark is quality yet affordable, but if he has high-end taste, try Lululemon or Nike. A fresh pair of joggers are perfect for lazy days and for hitting the gym. Running shorts or a new windbreaker will give him the perfect outfit for walking the dog and for going on a run.

A DIY Spa Day

As much as men can have fragile masculinity and reject literally any form of self-care, gifting a joint spa day will clean him up. Pick up some fuzzy aloe socks, some clay face masks, hair masks and moisturizers. Gifts that are also an experience are meaningful and provide fun bonding for family members or significant others. What’s better than lounging and trying out new skincare together?

A Personalized Calendar

This is definitely more for the guys you’re really close to, such as men in the family and boyfriends. So many different websites offer personalized calendars, such as Shutterfly and Canva. Personalized calendars are a perfect gift for the sentimental guy in your life so that you can remind them of memories from the best moments you’ve had together. The joy that comes from seeing each month’s pictures will light up their day for the entire year.

Getting something new and exciting for the guys in your life is difficult, especially with how vague they can be. As always, when in doubt, get a gift card for their favorite store. Happy gifting!

Baylee is a Senior at the University of Central Florida, originally from Clearwater, Florida. She is a Political Science major, with two minors in Legal Studies and Diversity and Social Inequality. When she's not figure skating, you can find her reading a book on campus and drinking Starbucks.