Style

6 Halloween Partner Costumes That Aren’t Basic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When it comes to Halloween, you’re either planning your costume months in advance or scrambling at the last minute to see what’s in your closet. It’s even harder when you have to come up with two costumes (especially ones that go together). 

We’ve all seen that couple that dresses as peanut butter and jelly, ketchup and mustard, or Harley Quinn and the Joker. But if you’re looking to be a bit more original this year with your boo or bestie, I’ve got you covered! 

Taco and Belle from “Beauty and the Beast”

Who doesn’t love the occasional late-night Taco Bell run? Put a (cinnamon) twist on this iconic fast-food chain by turning the “Bell” into “Belle” and make all your dreams come true.

Matilda and Miss Honey from “Matilda”

Try dipping into your magical side by putting on a red headband for Matilda and having your partner wear their most teacher-y dress! Include a sweater combo for Miss Honey for the perfect look! 

Danny Phantom and Sam Manson from “Danny Phantom”

Go one step further than the typical sheet-ghost costumes by dressing as Danny Phantom, the ghost hunting superhero. Have your bestie or partner dress up as the self-proclaimed goth Sam, and go catch those ghosts together!

Cat and Dog from “Catdog”

This pairing is as simple as it comes. If you need a last-minute costume, add some orange spots to two oversized yellow t-shirts. Make some ears and cat/dog signs and you’ll be dressed to impress!

Linguini and Remy from “Ratatouille”

Grab your curly-headed partner and put on some rat ears for this one! Simple yet effective — magnifique!

Shrek and Donkey from “Shrek”

If you’re looking for more of a “bruh girl” costume, this one’s for you! Grab your bestie and some green paint for a costume that’ll definitely get laughs.

Two is always better than one. Grab your partner or BFF and have a spooky (and safe) Halloween! 

Anna is currently a senior at UCF studying marketing and psychology. When she isn't writing, she loves all things Fall, astronomy, and Taco Bell. Her dream is to move to Iceland with her pet chameleon.
UCF Contributor