Vera Bradley Backpack Disney World
Vera Bradley Backpack Disney World
Original photo by Alexandra Sullivan
Style

6 Essentials in My Vera Bradley Bag for Disney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

School might be back in session, but everyone deserves a day off. If you’re anything like me, sometimes you need a day of magic to get rejuvenated…Or maybe I’m just a fairy or something, I don’t know. If you’re living in Orlando or just a theme park fanatic, you probably have a go-to park bag that’s definitely seen some better days. Well, lucky for you, Vera Bradley’s eye-catching backpacks have made it that much easier to pack all your essentials for any day trip, while feeling comfortable and looking as fashionable as ever. Here’s some inspiration on what to pack for your next visit to the happiest place on Earth! 

Rain Jacket

I think it’s safe to say that every Floridian — especially those in Orlando — bring a rain jacket everywhere they go. Why? One second it’s sunny, and the next, it’s downpouring like a monsoon. Plus, if you want to ride water rides like Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids without looking like you took a shower in your clothes, a rain jacket is essential! These Vera Bradley backpacks have more than enough space to pack even the biggest rain jacket from your closet. So don’t let some rain stop you from making the most out of your day!

Hand Sanitizer

Hand sanitizer has been beyond essential over the past six months and is something I bring with me everywhere I go! Between going on rides, touching doors and grabbing food, you never know when one of the park’s hand sanitizer machines are going to run out. This is another reason why I’m so thankful for my Vera Bradley backpack, which conveniently holds my hand sanitizer in the easy-to-access zipper portion where it never gets lost! Plus, we all know that sometimes hand sanitizer likes to open on its own and can make a mess of everything in its vicinity, but lucky for you, the backpack has a pocket that keeps it away from everything else! Having a backpack that you can always rely on for all your small essential items is such an underrated, yet vital part of any Disney day. 

Extra Mask

Masks have rapidly become an essential accessory, not only to protect yourself but to protect others as well. I love wearing my iridescent stars mask, which matches my vibrant floral backpack perfectly! I make sure to bring an extra mask to the parks since they tend to get sweaty or wet from water rides or rain. In my Vera Bradley backpack, I keep my mask away from everything else in the zipper compartment to make sure it stays clean and away from things that my hands are touching a lot. I really love how many compartments the backpack has; it keeps everything organized, convenient and of course, safe. So, when in doubt, bring two masks wherever you go!

Portable Charger

The Lalacell Phone Charger The Lala
Her Campus Media

During a long day of taking pictures, checking wait times, playing games in lines, and making dining reservations, phones dying at the parks is almost inevitable. I always bring my portable charger with me to make sure my phone stays alive from rope drop to parks closing. My portable charger can fit right in the front pocket of my backpack perfectly! It’s so convenient and easy to get to, and I don’t have to worry about my phone dying all day. It’s definitely a win-win!

Pins Bag

No Disney day is complete without pin trading! Pin trading has been a hobby of mine for years now, and now I never feel complete without them when I go to the parks. I always make sure to bring my pins to trade with Cast Members, and it never fails to make me smile. I’m not going to lie though, my pins bag is not the cutest or the most comfortable to wear on my shoulder, but it’s able to fit perfectly inside my Vera Bradley backpack’s second zipper to allow for easy access. Plus, the backpack straps are so much more comfortable and look so much cuter!

Snacks & Water

Disney food can be expensive, and as a college student, it’s usually best for me to bring my own food to the parks — unless I’m treating myself to something special! I usually try not to bring too much because nothing fits, but with my new backpack, I’ve been able to fit whatever my heart desires! Now, I bring a lunch bag with a sandwich, pretzels, granola bars and anything else I’m craving. It fits right on top of my rain jacket, and I’m set for the rest of the day! I also always make sure to bring a reusable water bottle, because who wants to pay $4 on something that pollutes the Earth? Not me! 

If you pack your bag with these essential items for any fun-filled trip to the parks, you’ll be beyond ready to conquer whatever the day may bring you! I hope you all have your own socially-distanced days of fun and magic, filled with lots of adventures and laughs, all while sporting your beautiful Vera Bradley backpack!

Alexandra is a sophomore at the University of Central Florida, studying print and digital journalism. She loves to be creative in any way, shape, or form and is currently training to be a makeup artist! When she's not in class or writing, she's either at Disney or creating something new.
UCF Contributor