5 Women-Owned Businesses in Orlando

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It has never been more enjoyable and easy to experience local, women-owned businesses in the Orlando community. From handmade jewelry to vegan desserts there is a plethora of shops to choose from, each with its own unique charm. Here are a few to keep on your radar this year:

Etoile Boutique

Nestled on East Robinson Street in Orlando’s Milk District is a cool girl’s dream vintage shop. Etoile Boutique offers a range of quality vintage clothing, accessories, furniture, jewelry, and more. Owner Falon Quillen opened the store’s doors in 2006 and has supported the community’s style ever since supplying 100+ new pieces a week. Each hits the floor with its own unique pattern, style, color, and story to tell. You can also find handmade products from local shops like Bet’s Bars soap and Jillian Says candles. This groovy gem is the perfect place to divulge all of your local and sustainable desires.

Rack of clothing and shelf with decor.
Original photo by Maggie Hagarty
Mila’s front porch

Jamila Muhammad is determined to satisfy your tastebuds and dietary needs at her all-vegan, keto, and gluten-free bakery. The experienced baker and Valencia graduate created the brand in 2013 and opened Mila’s Front Porch in January 2020 as her full-time passion. The pastry chef was inspired by her three daughters, who all pose different food restrictions, to create desserts anybody can enjoy. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a home-baked dessert and feels lots of love!

Goldie’s Little shop

Meet Goldie — a UCF alumnus and young entrepreneur cultivating a business built on handmade products and sustainable fashion. Inspired by working at her parent’s antique shop in high school, Goldie started turning her creative projects into a business in her sophomore year of college. The shop features handmade jewelry, totes, mugs, a range of vintage clothing, and more. Since then she has expanded her “little shop” all over Orlando partaking in UCF market day, East Orlando Farmers market, and Milk Mart, just to name a few. Her one-of-a-kind products are just too adorable to pass up!

Display layout of jewelry on a table.
Original photo by Maggie Hagarty
rarity tattoo

It’s time to check out Orlando’s most relaxing tattoo and beauty shop. Rarity Tattoo offers customers a wide range of services including traditional and medical tattoos, micro-needling, facials, and piercings, all while enhancing your sense of self and reducing anxiety. With the addition of plants and crystal products for sale, the shop hopes to alleviate some tension and promote love and sustainability. Not to mention everything sold and used in services is natural and cruelty-free. This dreamy shop is a must-go for all of your beauty needs.

A Spiral circle bookstore

This central Florida staple opened its doors in 1975, becoming a favorite spot for current owners Julie Wilder and Summer Rodman to visit and experience the unique atmosphere. That’s what moved them to acquire the business 3 and a half years ago and continue selling the spirit of Spiral Circle to the Orlando community. The store’s inventory has a plethora of crystals, jewelry, books, and metaphysical objects that support self-growth and spirituality. You can also schedule sessions with an in-house massage therapist or tarot card reader. The magical atmosphere and wonderful interior design at Spiral Circle make it a necessary visit for all the locals.

display shelves of crystals and books.
Original photo by Maggie Hagarty

These are just a few must-visit women-owned businesses across Orlando that I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy and experience!

Maggie is in her sophomore year at UCF and studies English Technical Communications. She enjoys time outside, crocheting, roller skating, and listening to Phoebe Bridgers.