toner 906142 1280jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toner 906142 1280jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
kerdkanno//Pixabay
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Even though it’s technically winter, that doesn’t mean Florida is ready to participate. I’ve put together a list of three of my absolute favorite winter skincare items and two of my favorite winter makeup items. To be fair, this list can also apply to you if you have dehydrated or dry skin, but in order to keep it in the season let’s just say you’re having winter skin troubles.

The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 

This is magic oil. At only $7.90 this is the cheapest, most effective product that I’ve added to my collection thus far. I have dehydrated skin myself, so I find this product gives me an extra boost of hydration before I put on my night cream. On days that my skin is feeling a little tighter, I use it in the morning before I put on my makeup. After using this I found my acne starting to clear up as well as my dry patches. Each morning I find that my face looks plumper and brighter than the night before. I also use it on my lips as a lip balm each night!

Cerave Skin Renewing Night Cream

After repurchasing this at least 10 times, it’s safe to say that this is one of my holy grail products. It contains niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and three different types of ceramides. The niacinamide helps to keep the skin calm, the three ceramides help to restore your skin’s protective barrier and the hyaluronic acid will retain your skin’s moisture. This product has single-handedly kept away any dry patches on my skin and is truly a staple in my routine. 

Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Sleeping Mask 

This is a newer product in my arsenal but has quickly shown its effects. Having AHA (a blend of lactic and glycolic acid) in a sleeping mask is one of my favorite ways to use this type of chemical exfoliant. I find that in any other form, it dries my skin out a little too much than I’d like. AHA is a great way to exfoliate and brighten the skin and help clear up any blemishes or scarring. I use the mask twice a week to give my skin a little boost and extra hydration. This product has yet to dry me out in any way, which gives it an A in my book.

Colourpop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Acid Tinted Moisturizer

This tinted moisturizer has a nice, light but buildable coverage that leaves your face looking like your skin but better. This contains, obviously, hyaluronic acid, but also coconut water to leave your skin hydrated all day long. I’m usually all for full coverage foundations 24/7 but this tinted moisturizer has quickly become my favorite for everyday wear. It’s perfect for anyone with dry skin or flaky skin because it doesn’t cling to any dry patches whatsoever.

Tarte Quench Hydrating Primer 

I got this primer as a sample once on a whim and have repurchased the full-size two times since then. This primer hydrates the skin just enough to last all day and make your foundation or tinted moisturizers go on like a dream. This product doesn’t leave you with a matte finish, but it does play well with matte foundations which is a plus. Another added benefit of this primer is that it also has ingredients that protect your skin from pollutants!

This is just a small start of what you will find in my winter skincare routine. Each of these products is probably some of the most effective that I own, especially for the winter months. Hopefully, this list can help you find even just that one product you were looking for that would help your skin get back to normal during the winter months.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jenna is currently a Senior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Legal Studies. When she isn't reading the most current political update, she's watching the newest crime doc on Netflix or watching skincare videos on Youtube. Her greatest dream is to spend the rest of her life playing around with makeup.
UCF Contributor