5 Websites a Fashionista Couldn’t Live Without

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

For the majority of people, fashion inspiration has primarily come from magazines. Vogue, Women’s Wear Daily, InStyle, Elle…the list goes on and on. I’m sure many people could name at least five fashion magazines off the top of their head. Inspiration comes from all around us, so why just limit it to magazines? One of my most useful tools for inspiration is the Internet. Take a look at these five blogs and websites on the Internet to get those gears turning!

LOOKBOOK.NU
Lookbook is an online fashion community where users upload photographs of their own outfit/looks that they are wearing. It’s a place where you can log your evolving style as well as be exposed to the style of other creative “lookbookers.” This is a great place to be exposed to new things! I’m a lookbooker and I love it – follow my looks here: www.lookbook.nu/justingilbert.

POLYVORE.COM
Polyvore is a website based around creating what the website calls “sets.” A set is like a collage of products that you have “clipped” from the web that display your personal style. It’s a way to build dream outfits and discover other people’s style as well. You can share your sets on many different media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, Blogspot, Tumblr, and within Polyvore itself.

COLLEGEFASHIONISTA.COM
College Fashionista is a website dedicated to finding great looks across the nation’s collegiate campuses. The company has “Style Gurus” that are on most college campuses and upload photographs of fashionistas they encounter on their campus. These looks are then uploaded to the website and categorized by university. Here you can check out what’s being worn on your campus as well as others across the nation!

STYLE.COM
Style.com is a website dedicated to fashion news, comprehensive runway coverage, and trend reporting. Differing from the above sources, Style.com isn’t based on a community aspect made of individuals. This means there are editors at Style.com that really know their stuff. The website began in 2000, so it now has over ten years of fashion coverage and reporting experience. Go explore!

TUMBLR.COM
Tumblr is a blog service that allows for recirculation of posts. There are a ton of great fashion blogs on Tumlbr that are run by some impeccable style bloggers. Upon making a Tumblr account, you have your very own blog that you can post on as well as “reblog” posts that you find appealing. Go make an account and follow some blogs – you’ll see how addicting it can be! Follow my favorite fashion-forward Tumblrs and get started!

www.fash-0n.tumblr.com
www.what-do-i-wear.tumblr.com
www.dirtylittlestylewhoree.tumblr.com
www.fashionitis.tumblr.com
www.rzrachelzoe.tumblr.com

Hopefully, now you can name five fashion websites off the top of your head, but there are many more where these came from! One of my favorite sayings is that, “To live a creative life, you must lose the fear of being wrong.”

So now that you have the tools, go forth and conquer!