This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

In my final semester, I plan to cherish campus activities before graduation. UCF has endless locations for students to socialize. From attending football games to playing volleyball at Lake Claire, I’ve made unforgettable memories with friends. As the end of college approaches, these are five bucket list items I want to check off.

Explore Lake claire

Lake Claire offers a beautiful outdoor area for students to socialize. Students have the opportunity to participate in numerous activities such as canoeing, kayaking, volleyball and cookouts. The recreational area also has any necessary equipment available for usage.

For UCF students, the rentals are free. Before graduating, I would love to explore more of Lake Claire. The area is a popular spot for students to hang out with friends on a sunny day. For more information, visit UCF’s website.

Ride the scooters

On campus, scooters are available for students to rent. Some students use them as transportation between classes while others ride them for fun. Regardless of students’ purpose for riding the scooters, it’s a blast to give them a try.

Some students even end up laughing with friends after failed rides. Trying the scooters with close friends makes the activity even more indelible. Whether you want to get to class quicker or smile with friends, the scooters are worth a shot.

Attend a UCF Arts Event

During the spring semester, UCF Music, Theatre UCF and UCF’s Visual Arts program host events. The students and the professors in those departments have the opportunity to showcase their talents. All of the visual and performing arts students work hard on their craft.

One of their major events this semester is UCF Celebrates the Arts 2022. It’s scheduled for April 5-April 16 at the Dr. Phillips Center. The festival will feature the UCF Percussion Ensemble, poetry, students’ animated films and more.  Find more information and the schedule here.

Go to a UCF Basketball Game

Not only do students have the chance to cheer on UCF’s basketball teams, the UCF Dance Team, UCF Cheer and Knightro also all show off their moves at these games. The UCF Marching Knights additionally gets students jamming to their tunes in the stands.

The men’s and women’s basketball teams have a myriad of games scheduled for this semester. UCF students are able to get game tickets for free. Hang out with friends at the upcoming events! Even if you’re not a basketball fan, the games are fun to attend. Be sure to get there early for admission and seating!

Capture Grad Pics on the Pegasus Seal

The UCF seal rests in the center of the student union on the first floor. Students are usually instructed to avoid stepping on the seal. However, at the end of each semester, graduates have the chance to take pictures in this special spot. The other floors in the student union offer higher viewpoints of the seal. It’s a great location at the heart of campus for graduates to capture photos before crossing the stage.

I look forward to exploring UCF before graduation and making memories. UCF’s campus is full of locations and activities for students. As many people say, college flies by, which is why it’s important to appreciate the amazing events. To my fellow seniors, enjoy your last semester!

Deanna is a senior majoring in English Creative Writing at UCF along with an Editing and Publishing certificate. After graduation, she plans to pursue an editorial career. When she's not writing or studying, she loves singing, listening to music, and watching scary movies.