This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It is very easy to become overwhelmed coming into a new university as a transfer student. It’s even scarier when that school is the second largest in the nation. Here are five tips to successfully transfer into UCF.

1. Get Involved: UCF has over 600 clubs and organizations that students could get involved in. You can log into your Knight Connect account and browse all these amazing organizations. If you’re interested in Greek life, volunteering, or even Disney, there is a club perfect for you. Doing so will help you make new friends.  
  2. UCF app: Stop what you’re doing and download the UCF Mobile app. On the app, you can check your schedule, find new events happening on campus and there is even a map of both Rosen and UCF’s main campus. The map is my favorite feature since it can pin point your location and you can search buildings you need to go to. Truly a lifesaver for anyone on campus.  
  3. Ask questions: Don’t be afraid to ask questions. UCF students are always willing to help, if it’s a question about where a classroom is or where you’re able to park, usually anyone is willing to assist.  
  4. Walk around: Out of all the campuses I have visited, I’ve discovered beautiful little spots all around UCF. From the reflection pond to the Arboretum, UCF is incredible. I would never know some of “my spots” if it weren’t for me taking a new route to class or just spending extra time to get lost. You never know, you might even meet a new friend on the way.  
  5. Remember, everything is going to be okay: As a transfer student, my first couple of weeks were rough. I felt alone and like I didn’t belong. As soon as I became involved and remembered the reason I came to UCF in the first place, everything got better. I am the happiest I have ever been, and I am proud to call myself a Knight!

Photo credit: Image 1, Image 2

UCF Contributor