This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When you’re in college and unable to go home for the holidays, the best people to be around are your BFFs. So set the mood, get creative and use these tips to spice up your friendsgiving. 

Lights, lights and more lights!

You’ve most likely been celebrating Christmas since Nov. 1, so you might as well go all out. Set the mood by putting up your best set of twinkly lights.

Create a signature drink

Wine for Thanksgiving? Innovative. This year get creative and mix up a signature drink that defines your friend group. A signature drink can make the night special and honor the crazy friendships you’ve made. 

When in doubt, Publix

Let’s be honest, most of us haven’t turned on our stoves let alone know how to baste and cook a turkey. Also, college apartments aren’t exactly equipped to prepare an entire feast. When in doubt, hit up Publix for your pre-made Thanksgiving meal.

Share each other’s traditions 

Do you break the wishbone or have a special dish that’s a must-have for the feast? Well, have everyone share a small tradition from their childhood. When you can’t be around family for the holiday, having a reminder of them can be helpful. 

Make the ultimate turkey day playlist

There’s nothing more perfect than music to set the mood. If you have the time, make a custom playlist. You can even share the link with your friends so everyone can have their perfect karaoke tune!

At the end of the day, it’s not about having the perfect party but sharing it with your perfect people. Remember to be thankful for those in your life and celebrate all that makes your Friendsgiving special. 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Erika is currently a Senior at the University of Central Florida studying Business. When she's not in class or studying, she can be found painting, listening to obscure Spotify playlists, or binging the latest Netflix phenomena.
UCF Contributor