5 Times Alan Rickman As Severus Snape Broke our Hearts into Tiny Little Pieces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.
*Warning: Harry Potter spoilers ahead 

Alan Rickman died today. He was an actor who is probobly most well-known for portraying Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies. He also had roles in other great films like Sense and Sensiblity, Love Actually, and Die Hard.

To Alan Rickman, I say thank you. Thank you for everything that you have done for the film industry and for portraying the character of Severus Snape so vividly. The character of Severus Snape taught me and so many others what it truly means to love and your acting touched an entire generation. 

In honor of Alan Rickman, I have compiled a list of my all-time favorite Severus Snape heartbreaking scenes. 

1. All those times when he was mean to Harry Potter and his friends. 

2. When he killed Dumbledore 

3. When he was attacked by Voldemort’s snake Nagini

4. And then told Harry “You have your mother’s eyes” before he died. 

5. The most heartbreaking of all… When he held Lily in his arms after she had been killed by Voldemort. 

Jillian James is a senior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Writing and Rhetoric and minoring in Mass Communication (because apparently you can’t minor in Beyoncé studies). Her favorite food is free because she is a college student and the two loves of her life are Ben and Jerry (of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream fame). If she’s not writing or reading she is probably watching The Office or waiting in line at Starbucks. She loves to show off her dance moves in “inappropriate” places like the grocery store. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Jillianrosej, where she frequently posts things that make people think that she has her life together. 
UCF Contributor