This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner. Some of us may have put up our spooky decorations right at 11:59 p.m. on September 30, but for those of us who are missing a little spirit in our dorm rooms, it isn’t too late. Here are five quick and easy Halloween dorm decoration ideas. 

Cut out bats

These cut out bats are super cheap and easy to make. Head over to your local craft store and grab a couple of black poster boards. After that, cut out one bat and make sure you like the shape of it. Then you can trace as many as you’d like and cut them out. Next, you’ll want to fold the bat’s wings to give them a 3D look when you tape them. If you put them near a light they’ll cast a shadow, making it look like they’re flying up the wall!

Favorite Halloween movie collage

Whether it’s a horror, a thriller or a friendly Halloween movie, everyone has a favorite — or a few. Create a visually aesthetic Halloween spot in your room for the remainder of the month. You could even create a photo wall and do a cute Halloween-themed photoshoot. 

Candy bowl

All it takes is a medium (or even large) sized bowl to fill up with your favorite Halloween candies. You probably won’t see anyone trick-or-treating around the halls, but it’s a nice reminder of what Halloween used to be all about. And it’s a sweet little decoration you can put on your desk. 

Window stickers

Nothing screams holiday decorations more than window jellies and stickers. They’re so easy to peel and stick in any way you want! Not only will you and your roommates enjoy them, but so will your neighbors or other students walking by your window. 

Mini painted pumpkins

What’s better than sitting down and painting a mini pumpkin in your dorm room with your froomies? Nothing, literally nothing. Grab some paint, brushes and pumpkins, and go crazy. It’s much cleaner and easier than carving because you won’t have to worry about cutting the pumpkin open, scraping out the guts, and cleaning up the seeds. Not to mention how difficult it is to actually carve the pumpkin without using stencils. Plus, your painted pumpkin will last longer and won’t make the room smell after they spoil!

There are so many more ideas on how to decorate your dorm room this Halloween. Try looking up a D.I.Y or scroll through social media for some inspiration. Halloween may look a little different this year with social distancing, but it doesn’t have to feel different. Zoom movie nights and decorations will put you back in the spooky spirit this Halloween season.

Hope is a senior at the University of Central Florida, majoring in advertising and public relations. When she isn't working to further her career in the communications field, she enjoys spending her time catching up on the latest politics, fashion trends and Star Wars memes.
UCF Contributor