5 Signs You’re Already in the Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

For many people, Thanksgiving is the main event of November. Gathering together with friends and family to give thanks over the dinner table is a tradition that never gets old, not to mention it’s a great opportunity to show off your nicest holiday dress! However, if you’re like me, you couldn’t possibly care less how fast Thanksgiving goes by so you can get to the main holiday event of the year: Christmas! Don’t worry, this article is a judgment-free zone for fellow Christmas fanatics! It may be Thanksgiving break this week, but here are five signs you’re already in the Christmas spirit:

1. You started listening to Christmas music on November 1st.

…and who can blame you? All I Want for Christmas Is You is easily one of the greatest songs of all time, not to mention all of the romantic carols of the 40’s and 50s. I know I was ready with my Christmas playlist on the first day of November, and if you were too, you’re definitely already in the Christmas spirit!

2. You already have your gifts figured out.

A true Christmas fanatic starts planning next year’s gifts for family and friends on December 26. It’s never too early to start brainstorming presents for those you care about, and the earlier you shop, the more you can avoid the holiday shopping rush! Or maybe you’re the crafty type who spends lots of time on personalized presents – more power to you, and more reason to start feeling holly jolly as early as possible!

3. You’ve already started watching Christmas movies.

You can never go wrong with Elf or Christmas Vacation, or pretty much any Christmas movie! Luckily, there’s plenty of Christmas movies to choose from – especially if you’re like me and you count Die Hard as one. All the more reason to start watching them early! 

4. You’ve been working on your holiday Pinterest board all year.

Guilty as charged. Are you even a true Christmas lover if you don’t have a Pinterest board filled with cookie recipes, DIY decor concepts, and Christmas Eve outfit ideas? It doesn’t even matter if you actually try out any of the things you pinned — just pinning them is enough to get in the Christmas spirit!

5. Your Christmas tree is already up.

…along with all of your other decorations. Christmas lights, stockings, and trees seem to make homes feel a little bit cozier, so why not put them up as early as possible? There’s nothing I love more than walking into the room after a long day at class or work and seeing my Christmas tree lit up and sparkling with decorations!

So, are you already in the Christmas spirit? If you fit three or more of the above descriptions, there’s a good chance you are! So go forth and celebrate Christmas, fellow fanatics! Don’t worry about judgment from the Thanksgiving crowd — I have a feeling they’ll catch up to your holiday spirit at the end of the week.

Nicole is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in advertising/public relations, a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and a minor in writing & rhetoric. She has been involved with Her Campus for four years and served as the editor-in-chief of the UCF chapter for two years. She's a lover of 80s music, horror movies, and the Oxford comma. If she's not hanging out with her cat, Stevie — named after Stevie Nicks for obvious reasons — she's probably at a theme park. If you want to follow her on social media, you can find her on Instagram, Twitter, and at her blog: nicoleelisabeth.com!
UCF Contributor