Style > Beauty

5 Products to Achieve a Quick “No Makeup” Makeup Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I’ve learned many important things in college—academically and in life. But there’s also a good portion of material I’ve had to teach myself. And one of those things is how to make myself look like I didn’t pull an all-nighter the night before. After many trial and errors of doing my makeup as a college student, I have mastered a five-minute makeup routine that I could do it in my sleep, and I probably have. Here are the five products I have deemed the most important in creating this time-friendly, day-to-day “no makeup” makeup look!

Concealer or Tinted Moisturizer

This is a must-have product in my makeup routine. I typically use this product to even out my skin tone and correct any dark spots or blemishes I may have. It’s a great way to smooth out your skin without having to use a heavy weight foundation.

Clear Brow Gel

Clear brow gel allows me to put my eyebrows in place as well as add a natural shape that I want them to be in—and stay in all day long. If you’re someone who doesn’t have many eyebrow hairs, you can always use a tinted brow gel instead to define and darken them.

Bronzer

​Bronzer is what really starts to pull the look together and make me look human again. Blending a light portion of the product around the top of the hairline, temples and sides of the cheeks gives a natural, quick sun-kissed glow without having to spend time contouring. My absolute favorite bronzer is the Butter Bronzer by Physicians Formula—and it’s from the drugstore which is my wallet’s absolute favorite part.

Highlighter

Ah highlighter, the holy grail to any makeup routine. I place this product at the tops of my cheekbones and a tiny bit on the nose and cupids bow to give a subtle—and sometimes over the top—glow. Although it’s simple and takes me about 30 seconds, it really makes all the difference for a natural look.

Mascara

When the infamous question “if you were stranded on an island and could only bring one makeup product what would it be?” is asked, the answer is always mascara—and for good reason! Mascara not only lengthens the eyelashes, but also adds definition without having to apply additional products!

There you have it, five products to help you achieve that “no makeup” makeup look. Everyone has a different preference so don’t be afraid to change it up and modify it to work for you. These are just some tricks I’ve learned when I’m on a time crunch. I hope they’ll help you after your next all-nighter! 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Kristin is a senior at the University of Central Florida studying advertising and public relations. She loves cats, makeup, shopping, chocolate and all things The Office or Friends related. When she has free time (rare but it happens occasionally) you can catch her eating sushi, watching old vines or spending time with her friends. She enjoys writing about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and girl power. You can keep up with her on all her socials linked below!
UCF Contributor