mohau mannathoko upvUrxqrmro unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mohau mannathoko upvUrxqrmro unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
Life > Experiences

5 Orlando Brunch Spots For Your Girl’s Day Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Spring has sprung! For me, that means sundress season, flower bouquets every day, and starting my girls day out with a nice, Instagrammable, and delicious brunch. As an Orlando transplant and self-proclaimed foodie who lives, breathes, and (obviously) eats brunch, I was quick to go on the search for some of the best brunch spots in the city, and here are my top five picks!

The Yardery
Video by @theyardery

While technically a couple miles out of Orlando, the combination of a fun atmosphere and an innovative menu deserves a spot on the list. Located in Sanford, The Yardery is an outdoor, family-friendly, fast-casual dining spot that reminds you of backyard parties, tire swings, cornhole, and all! 

On top of an already delish regular menu, The Yardery’s weekend breakfast features fresh, in-house made bagels and sourdough bread, as well as a Sunday brunch. As an avid bagel enjoyer (I genuinely could eat nothing but everything bagels for the rest of my life), I’m biased in recommending the classic but utterly perfect egg and cheese on your choice of bagel. I also highly recommend their giant cinnamon rolls with delicious rum butter drizzle, the applewood candy bacon flatbread, and the Lawnchair Lemonade (I could seriously have, like, six of these!)

The best part of all? It’s dog-friendly! Four-legged friends of all sizes are welcome, if not encouraged! 

Terralina Crafted Italian
Photo by @terralinacrafteditalian

Nestled within a cozy corner in Disney Springs, Terralina Crafted Italian combines the rustic vibes of a Florentine villa with fresh Italian flavors, all while overlooking Lake Buena Vista. 

While the menu is small, each dish is given the attention to detail and taste that it deserves. Menu items are filled with fresh ingredients, fruits, and veggies, and are perfectly portioned so that you don’t feel that heavy food coma right after. 

The mimosa flight, on top of being just nice to look at, is actually a pretty refreshing and tasty balance of champagne and juice. Added bonus? You’ll leave brunch at Terralina feeling energized enough to spend the day shopping at Disney Springs. 

Another Broken Egg Café
Video by @anotherbrokenegg

With a location just ten minutes outside of UCF, I often come here just for a break from finals, studying, and dorm food. The atmosphere is cozy, giving off ‘spunky southern grandma’ vibes, and there are even a couple nods to UCF history in the décor. 

The menu features new seasonal selections, so my foodie FOMO has me coming back every so often for a taste of whatever new and local ingredients they’ve whipped up into a delicious indulgence. But if you’re looking for a classic Southern breakfast, Another Broken Egg does not disappoint when it comes to your standard waffles, fried chicken, grits, and more. 

A neat little thing I’ve also noticed on their menu is that each dish comes with a recommended drink pairing, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic, so you don’t have to worry about “conflicting flavors.” 

Café TuTu Tango
Photo by @cafe_tu_tu_tango

The best way to describe this restaurant on I-Drive is as an experience. Café TuTu Tango is a tapas-style restaurant that blends artistry with global cuisine, right down to the cocktails named after famous artists like Van Gogh and Jackson Pollock to the local artists selling their frames, prints, and more. 

I mean, there is literally art everywhere. From the plates, which are adorably mismatched tea plates, to performers like contortionists and tarot card readers found around the restaurant. 

The best part about brunch here, though, is that there’s both bottomless brunch and bottomless mimosas. For $32 per person, bottomless brunch literally lets you order anything from the menu as many times as you want, as well as giving you access to the bottomless street tacos (which are superb!). 

This spot can get pretty busy, and in order to really get your money’s worth on bottomless brunch, you have to order quite a bit, so pro tip? Come early, and come with an appetite. 

Briarpatch

Eating at this cozy little café in the heart of Winter Park always makes me feel like I’m brunching in Manhattan before living my Sex and the City fantasies. I don’t know if it’s the fresh, local Floridian flavors or how even the most simple dishes are just filled with so much flavor, but Briarpatch is always going to be a win for me. 

The restaurant itself is small, but it makes for a perfect atmosphere to catch up with friends, laugh, and have an all-around good time. The dishes are traditional brunch fare, with staples like french toast, pancakes, omelets, fruits, and pastries, but there’s just this elevated sense to them that, trust me, you just have to try for yourself. 

Similar to Cafe TuTu Tango, Briarpatch can get incredibly packed, so you might have to wait in line if you’re a late bruncher, but it is honestly so worth it.

I know you’ll love these local brunch spots and hope you get the chance to check them out soon!

Amanda is a freshman studying at the University of Central Florida, but is originally from Miami and is half-Cuban, half-Costa Rican. She is pursuing a double-major in Political Science (Pre-Law) and English Literature. When her nose isn't stuck in a book, you can find her listening to music, playing with her dogs, or going on a nature walk.