element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Meaningful Gifts to Give This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As we return to real life from Thanksgiving break, the holiday season will roll around in no time as it is right around the corner.

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, or any other holiday this season, it’s safe to say that you probably want to give only the best gifts to your loved ones. But before the holidays actually roll around and all your time is taken up by six hour shifts and studying for finals, you might want to begin brainstorming what gifts to give to your family and friends.

Amazing gifts are not equivalent to luxurious, expensive ones. You do not, under any circumstances, need to buy your mom a Benz or your significant other a Tiffany necklace. In other words: no need to break your bank.

If you didn’t get around to snagging deals and good bargains on Black Friday, have no fear – these inexpensive and meaningful gifts will definitely show your loved ones how much they mean to you and it is guaranteed that you will get bang for your buck!

1. DIY Christmas Ornaments

Thanks to the queen of all things home décor, Martha Stewart, you can make these beautiful ornaments for your loved ones! They bring an elegant and natural flair to any holiday décor and they do not require extravagant materials or tedious amounts of effort. These ornaments are fairly simple to make, so you can even bring to experience to your loved ones and get crafty together!

2. Stocking Stuffers

If you can’t pinpoint any specific gifts to give to those you hold dear, you can always pick up some cute stockings and fill them with heaps of stocking stuffers. The Target Dollar Spot is a great place to find inexpensive yet beautiful gifts; their selection ranges from flannel wine bags to scented candles and stationary. This works out perfectly if you are stuck on what to get because you can surprise your recipient with a bunch of small, meaningful gifts rather than that Am-Ex gift card you would’ve initially resulted to.

3. Easy Holiday Treats

Because who doesn’t love food? These peppermint bark treats are easy and fun to make! You can bake these festive goodies with your family and friends for an extra good time, or just wrap them in seasonal goodie bags and grant them the gift of goodness.

4. DIY Paper Dreidels

Using this template and some cardstock, you can make these cute dreidels into string lights, ornaments, or even just trinkets to decorate around the menorah. You can add glitter, felt, anything – the possibilities are endless!

5. Custom Photo Album

Beautiful photo albums can run from as low as $3.99 at stores like Ross and TJMaxx – it’s up to you to fill them in! I made a custom photo album for one of my close friends’ birthdays last year and she loved it. All you need to do is gather some of your favorite photos together and insert them into the slots of the photo album. You can even leave some slots empty so they can finish the album themselves! Nothing is more touching than looking back at precious memories you’ve shared with one another.

Images: Hero1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Samantha Olson is a University of Central Florida alumna who served as senior and deputy editor for HCUCF. She graduated with a bachelor of arts in journalism with a minor in creative writing and a certificate in editing and publishing. When Sam isn't admiring city life and art museums, she's working as Seventeen Magazine's editorial fellow and running Shifter Mag alongside her BFF, Victor.  For daily doses of Sam, follow her on Instagram.