This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Don’t we all wish we could have a makeup bag full of the best products on the market? That’s unattainable for most, but the good news is there is usually a dupe for every high-end product. That way, you can attain the look you want without breaking the bank. Here are some staple drugstore dupes you need to have in your bag. 

Milani Conceal and Perfect Foundation

The Milani Conceal and Perfect Foundation is the best dupe that I have found for my favorite foundation, Too Faced Born This Way. My biggest stipulations for a good foundation are long-lasting and full coverage. This Milani foundation, just like the Born This Way foundation, has both. If you are looking for full coverage and long-lasting foundation, this is the one for you. 

L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara

The L’Oreal Lash Paradise mascara is a dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, one of the most popular mascaras on the market. The Too Faced mascara has been on top for years. Both mascaras provide lengthening and volume to your lashes. 

NYX Matte Bronzer

The NYX Matte Bronzer is a dupe for the Hoola Benefit Bronzer. This bronzer has been a hot commodity for many years. It’ a staple in a girl’s go-to makeup bag. The NYX bronzer in the shade medium has the warmth and tone to it that Benefit has. The formulas are very similar — they both go on very smooth and are easy to blend for that perfect contour.

Milani Rose Blush

As the dupe for the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush, the Milani Rose Blush is a staple in my every day look. I have searched for blush as good as Tarte makes it, and although it took me a while, I found the Milani blush. It’s smooth and creamy with the perfect amount of pigment for rosy cheeks, but it still a natural look. 

Wet n Wild Rosé in the Air Eyeshadow Palette

This eyeshadow palette is the dupe for the Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette, a 14-shade, stunning palette full of pigment. I was skeptical of the Wet n Wild Palette because I didn’t believe it could be as good as the other one. However, it does a good job. The shades are very similar to the ones in the Modern Renaissance Palette, have a lot of pigment, and blend very easily. 

If you haven’t given these products a try, I highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed in these dupes; in fact, they will probably become a staple in your everyday routine. 

Images 123

Mandie is a Senior at the University of Central Florida. She is pursuing a degree in writing and rhetoric as well as a certificate in editing and publishing. To keep up with her, follow her on Instagram @mandiemccann.
UCF Contributor