This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It seems like every time we watch as wafer thin models strut down the runway showcasing the latest spring trends, each looks appears even more far-fetched than the other. I mean, how are we expected to wear a holographic skirt on the reg? (In case you’re wondering, that’s the material that makes you look like you just stepped out of a flying saucer.)

Luckily for us mere mortals, this years spring runway showed a variety of very wearable selections we could all have fun with during the best season of the year.

Pastels

Source

Now I know I’m not the only college student out there who’s absolutely obsessed with Target and with their new spring collection showcasing the loveliest of pastels, it just became harder not to blow my entire monthly allowance in one trip.

Next time you stop by, check out their array of blouses and skirts filled with this season’s softest shades. Minty green, lilac and baby blue all go great paired with a nice tan and sleek shorts. Throw on some wedges and you’ll be light and airy strutting the perfect happy hour outfit while showing your great taste in style.

Wide-Leg Trousers

Source

Personally, this one’s my favorite. I can always count on my trusty high waisted trousers to vamp up a simple tank for school or transform any going out outfit into a trendy getup. This year’s go to color is a sleek snowy white. For girls a bit on the shorter side, you can wear these too! Just look out for a pair that’s leaner on the flare and higher-waisted to elongate your frame. They’re so fresh and comfortable any bright or floral top would compliment them beautifully.

Black and White

Source

This hot duo finds its way back into our hearts (as if it ever really left) on this year’s spring runway. Black and White combinations are endlessly chic, sophisticated, and sexy. Now don’t go all Cruela DeVille with this one, all you need to do to pull off this match made in heaven is pair them up with stripes or bold color blocking and you’ll be sporting one of the hottest spring trends ever so effortlessly.

Crop Tops

Source

I know that for most of us, we cringed at the sight of those two lonely words but hear me out. Crop tops are NOT scary! At least they don’t have to be. Remember those amazing trousers up top? This is the perfect way to spice them up and show how much of a fashionista you are. If you’re still not sold on those ah-mazing pants then find a flouncy full skirt (also a spring trend) and wear that dreaded crop top with newfound confidence! Trust me, you’ll be turning heads my dear.

Florals

Source

“Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” I couldn’t help but quote the great Miranda Priestly on this one. ‘Tis true, florals will never disappear from being showcased on our latest spring trends any time soon. But honestly, can you really think of anything happier than wearing a dress covered in sunflowers with a flower crown on your head? The answer is no. No, you can’t.

So have fun with them! Dress them up with bold statement necklaces or channel your inner flower child and go barefoot and pick daffodils in the meadow (or whatever it is they do). Just remember to embrace the warmth and sunshine however you please, but never forget that the latest trends aren’t ever complete without killer confidence to match.

HCXO!