absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Things That Need To Be On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Yes, the UCF campus is filled with pretty cool and necessary things for a college campus, but there is always room for expansion and improvement! As a college student, late nights of homework and studying are expected. What happens when you get hungry, have no kitchen in your dorm or just don’t feel like making anything? UCF desperately needs a 24-hour restaurant. Not only would this be convenient for students without cars, but also for those students who don’t feel like driving in the middle of the night in search for one of the few restaurants open 24-hour.

Although food is one of the most important things to any college student, some entertainment is necessary. Everyone loves Netflix, but what if you don’t have an account or aren’t “borrowing” a friend’s account or you’ve already finished everything that’s interested you on there? That means its Redbox time! There’s only one problem with that; college students have a tendency of being lazy. It’s such a hassle to drive at least 10 minutes to the closest Redbox located in a sketchy area. And again, for those students with no cars, are not about to walk a mile for a movie. Campus has so many vending machines, so why not just replace one of the junk food vending machines that no one eats from, with a Redbox machine?

Going along with movies, have you seen how expensive a movie ticket is at Regal Theatre? Sorry, but that’s not in the college budget. Yes, it’s true that the UCF ticket center provides discounted tickets, but let’s be real, college kids like convenience. We have an enormous Starbucks already, so why not squeeze in a small movie theatre, with affordable prices of course. UCF would make such a profit off of that, so I don’t see the hold up on the start of that construction.

ATM’s are mean on campus! There’s always a withdrawal fee. But, when you go off campus you find ones with no fee. College students are known as basically broke individuals with all the money we have to pay this school, so it’s only right that an ATM with no withdrawal fee is put on campus somewhere, anywhere! There’s no doubt that you are nodding your head right now in agreement with this as you are reading.

Bottom line, it’s time to spice up this campus with all the money we are paying to go here. There’s no need to waste our tuition money on sprinklers that water the sidewalks anymore! Let all of us at HerCampus know what you think campus is in need of for by tweeting @hercampus.

From Tampa, Florida
UCF Contributor