4 Reasons You Should Join Her Campus at UCF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Attention empowered college women of UCF!

Are you looking for a place to express yourself and share your life experiences? Are you driven, career-focused, or passionate about feminism? Her Campus at UCF is now accepting applications for new writers for the spring semester! As a Pink Level chapter, we are ranked the in the top twenty percent of all Her Campus chapters across the nation! Our team is comprised of a diverse group of writers, social media mavens, event planning gurus, public relations directors, and more. Need more motivation to join our happy family? Look no further — here are four reasons you should join Her Campus UCF: 

Become a published writer

No matter your major or chosen career path, being a published writer is a huge résumé booster. As a featured writer for Her Campus at UCF, you can pitch and write your own articles on a weekly basis. These articles can focus on a wide variety of topics, from fashion and entertainment to politics and feminism and everything in between! You can also attend weekly meetings and get feedback on your ideas, or support the other featured writers as they pitch their own. Featured writers should have strong grammatical skills and a passion for writing, as well as a love for working with a team of other lady boss writers! 

Gain skills in social media, public relations, event planning, and more

Besides our awesome team of featured writers, Her Campus at UCF also has an executive team! Whether your passion is social media, public relations, event planning, videography, or editing, there’s certainly a director or assistant position suited for you. Being on the executive team provides real-world experience in the communication industry, networking opportunities, and a chance to develop leadership skills. Not convinced? Check out our Instagram account to see what our social media team is up to!

Work with the brands you love

Her Campus at UCF has the privilege of partnering with some amazing brands. To name a few, we’ve worked with Foster Grant, Aéropostale, Essence, and Erin Condren! As a member of the Her Campus at UCF team, you could have the opportunity to help to plan and participate in campus-wide events featuring brands like these. For example, the #InAero Campus tour that came to Memory Mall during the fall semester was a huge success! Read our article about the event to learn more.

Connect with other girl bosses

The Her Campus at UCF team has introduced me to some of the most inspiring women I’ve had the privilege to work with in college, and we’re always looking to expand our family. You’ll make connections that will last a lifetime, and you’ll become a stronger writer in the process! I’ve met some of my closest friends through HCUCF, and I’ll always be thankful for that.

By now you must be convinced that you want to join the fun, right? Then click here to apply to join our team for the spring semester! We can’t wait to meet you.

Nicole is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in advertising/public relations, a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and a minor in writing & rhetoric. She has been involved with Her Campus for four years and served as the editor-in-chief of the UCF chapter for two years. She's a lover of 80s music, horror movies, and the Oxford comma. If she's not hanging out with her cat, Stevie — named after Stevie Nicks for obvious reasons — she's probably at a theme park. If you want to follow her on social media, you can find her on Instagram, Twitter, and at her blog: nicoleelisabeth.com!
UCF Contributor