4 Movies to Watch During Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Thanksgiving break means spending quality time with people you care about. It can also mean having time to go to the movie theaters to find escape and entertainment. The movie theater is one place you can count on being open Thanksgiving day.

1. Delivery Man

As a result of a mix-up at a fertility clinic years ago, a man turns out to be the biological father of 542 kids. This comedy starring Vince Vaughn follows a man at crossroads with his life. Hilarity ensues when he decides to be a part of his kids’ lives by watching over them.

Watch with: Brother or boyfriend at home

2. Frozen

I can’t be the only one who will watch any movie associated with Disney, therefore Pixar. Featuring a snowman that can talk, a princess, and an ice man, they go on a journey to break the eternal spell cast on their land. 

Watch with: your little sister or a fellow Disney enthusiast

3. Hunger Games: Catching Fire

“Remember who the real enemy is.”

We last saw Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark beat the odds and win the Hunger Games. Their victory begins a revolt across many districts that will have dangerous consequences for all citizens. The 75th annual games will be different than all others. 

Watch with: someone who loves the trilogy as much as you do!

4. About Time

If you’ve watched Love Actually at every chance, you will want to see About Time. A love story as a result of a little manipulation from a British man who learns he can travel through time. Rachel McAdams is wonderful in every romantic comedy she stars in and is bound to be great in this too.

Watch with: your mom or closest girlfriends 

UCF Contributor