4 Celebrities We Can Count On, On the Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s that time of year again where we see the Dior and Oscar de la Renta gowns glisten and the vibrant red soles of Christian Louboutin’s glide across the red carpet – award season is back. Celebrities get all dolled up to hopefully have their moment on stage holding that shiny gold Oscar or a Golden Globe. It’s such a shame that with all of the money that these movie stars receive, some of them just don’t make the grade when it comes to fashion on the red carpet. I frequently find myself asking, “Doesn’t she have a stylist to tell her how disgusting her gown is?” Fortunately, we can always count on these celebrities to make us drop our jaws when they pop out of the limo:

Angelina Jolie

Brangelina are the couple that everyone anxiously waits for. Angelina Jolie is beautiful, statuesque and can pretty much do no wrong. She always looks like a bombshell at every awards show. My eyes were glued to her when she wore the shimmery emerald green Versace dress at the 2011 Golden Globes. She may not have won any awards that year, but she for sure won Best Dressed.

Mila Kunis

The little sassy Jackie from That ’70s Show is all grown up. Mila Kunis’ career blew up over night, and her fashion choices made her one of the hottest women in Hollywood. At every awards show she tries something new and plays with different colors and styles. She is not afraid of a structured, flowy or patterned gown. Mila looked stunning at the 2011 SAG awards when she wore Alexander McQueen. Now being the new face of Dior, I’m positive that her dresses will be bigger and better than ever.

Sophia Vergara 

Our spicy Spanish senorita always looks fierce on the red carpet. We are all aware that she has great “ass”-ets and she is fully aware of it herself. Sophia tends to pick dresses that flaunt what she’s got. The dresses are tight on the top and flare out on the bottom. At the 2013 Golden Globe’s, Sophia was the lady in black wearing Michael Cinco. Some may say that her dresses are a tad tight, since she has had several wardrobe malfunctions, or that she always wears the same style, but hey, if something isn’t broken there is no need to fix it, right?

Charlize Theron

She may not be as popular on the big screen, but we can definitely recall all of those sexy Dior perfume commercials. Charlize Theron is drop dead gorgeous and always wears show stoppers. Every dress that she has worn has been showy yet simple. How can you forget the dramatic Dior dress at the 2012 Golden Globes? She had very minimal accessories and the color of the dress was a dusty-rose, but still was Best Dressed. She will definitely be one to watch this award season.

I'm a junior majoring in Broadcast/Journalism and minoring in Marketing. I am a feature writer for Her Campus UCF and loves all things fashion and entertainment. I plan on reporting fashion live from the red carpet and being the next co-host/anchor for “E! News Live.”
UCF Contributor