david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Decor

3 Ways to (Pumpkin) Spice up Your Small Space

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Small spaces can be a nightmare for the aspiring interior designer within us all, but don’t stop scrolling on Pinterest just yet. Now that fall is offically here, there is no better time to start planning your Halloween room decor. Creating the perfect fall or Halloween aethestic should be easy, affordable and fun for everyone who helps out. From pumpkins to garlands, these staple items can be used year after year regardless of how big or small your space is. So, breakout your Command strips and invite your baddest witches over to get decorating. 

Pumpkins… lots of pumpkins! 

Decorative pumpkins are an easy and inexpensive option to add a touch of fall to any room! Throwing some into a basket on your coffee table or placing them on your counters can create the perfect look, without taking up any valuable space. Don’t be scared to play around with textures, colors or sizes to add variety to your decor.  Check out Target or TJ Maxx for all your pumpkin needs—from stars to sparkles, they have decorative pumpkins for every fall aesthetic. 

Cozy Blankets & Pillows 

Adding a festive throw blanket and pillow not only makes cuddling on the couch watching scary movies cozier, but takes your space from “Blah” to “Hallo-Queen” in a matter of seconds. Plus, it doesn’t take up any additional space! Switiching up your throws and pillows for every season can make your living room feel refreshed and somewhere you look forward to coming home to after a long day of classes. 

Wall Decor 

Turn your plain wall into the perfect canvas for Halloween cuteness! Adding anything from fall garlands to pumpkin wall-art can spice up even the smallest of spaces. Get creative with different types of fall leaves, pops of orange and punny Halloween sayings. You can even DIY your own leaf wreath or pumpkin painting for even more fall fun!

From dorms to small apartments, adding these fall touches will make your space perfect for a Hocus Pocus movie night or for drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes with your closest ghoul-friends

All images provided by the author.

Hello ladies! My name is Aubree Williams from the HerUCF team in Orlando Florida but I am originally from PA! I am a freshman Acting major here at UCF and cannot wait to get started working with HerCampus! In my free time you can catch me fixing up my instagram feed, shopping at TJ Maxx or being involved in the arts in some way.
UCF Contributor