sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Instagrammable Spots in Orlando: Valentine’s Day Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With the holiday of love around the corner, it’s very tempting to go to Disney to get a classic photo at the purple wall. However, if you really want plenty of hearts for your unique Insta post, you might want to try to visit these three below-the-radar places. They hold the promise of something to treat yourself to and a cute photo op that’ll make you stand out from the rest.

1. Vivi Bubble Tea

1111 E Colonial Drive

Orlando, FL 32803

This is the place that has pink bleeding into its parking lot. The parking lot is behind the shop itself, and I first noticed it because the cute pink color spotting the back wall caught my attention against all the gray.

Walking in from the back, the pink disappears in the corridor in order to showcase the wall art, which features what this shop specializes in: Taiwanese bubble tea. The quaint, quiet atmosphere of this shop makes it the perfect place to study on your own or to get to know someone over a cool drink. If you’re looking to stay in Valentine’s theme, I recommend the flora tea in rose. However, the signature fruit tea is refreshingly delicious and the tiramisu is the only thing on the menu with coffee. It is still delicious.

The shop itself could give Madam Puddifoot a run for her money. It’s so pink and cute that I would think Hello Kitty lived here. For contrast, there are succulents hanging in little nooks and crannies, and a lush green wall meant to serve as the background for photos. Other than that, the dominant color in this place is pink. Bonus: there’s a giant rose prop to use in that Instagram photo you want.

2. Etoile Boutique

2424 E Robinson Street

Orlando, FL 32803

Located in the Milk District, this is the one place that probably doesn’t outright scream Valentine’s Day. However, right in front of the entrance is cute wall art with hearts reminding you that you are loved. On a day about love, there is none more important than self-love.

A good way to love yourself is to indulge in some retail therapy. The vibe of Etoile Boutique is that of vintage and modern going to war. That’s what you would find at this shop. There’s everything from locally made jewelry to old-fashion denim jackets to printed combat boots. They get new arrivals every Friday and they’re always showcasing their new products on their Instagram.

3. Fresh Kitchen

851 N. Alafaya Trail,

Orlando, FL 32828

This one is the closest to UCF. Located in Waterford Lakes, Fresh Kitchen is a food chain dedicated to clean, healthy eating. Not only do you get to treat yourself to food, but you can be sure that the food you get is going to nourish your body and promote good health. Remember, self-love is the most important kind of love.

The Instagram draw of Fresh Kitchen is that they have a mirror with “you are beautiful” written in pink from top to bottom. Not only that, but their table tops have pink carnations printed onto them, and the blue booth chairs give you classic diner vibes. It’s the place to go if you want to a Valentine’s photo with Riverdale vibes. 

Being single this Valentine’s Day might not be the worst thing in the world. Take your camera, get in your car and use your Instagram to make someone wish they were having fun with you.

All images provided by the author.

Kristi currently and MFA candidate at the University of Central Florida studying Creative Writing. A former resident at the Atlantic Center for the Arts, she loves pop culture, food, and the humanity of people. When she isn't writing, you can find her reading a book, spending time with loved ones, or going on and on about how cute dogs are. Or, specifically, how her dog Damian is the most handsome angel boy.
UCF Contributor