Life > Experiences

3 Dreamy Destinations to Visit for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The season of love is right around the corner, and that calls for planning some sweet surprises for yourself and your significant other. If cliché flowers, chocolates and romantic dinners don’t spark your interest, don’t fret — there are vacations for couples who enjoy creating new long-lasting memories anywhere they go. Some destinations around the world offer a lovely experience like no other. I’m here to show you the top three dreamy destinations that are a must-visit for celebrating Valentine’s Day the right way.

Paris, France

Paris is internationally known as “The City of Love.” The capital of France provides a natural, charming atmosphere with its rich culture, lifestyle and scenery. And landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower or Sacré Coeur are beautiful backgrounds for pictures. Champ Élysée is the main avenue in Paris that holds cafés, restaurants, small businesses and shops, stores and luxury brand names.

Throughout the city, you can find museums and other sites of historical or cultural significance, so taking a stroll through the Louvre is worth touring, as well as famous cathedrals such as Notre Dame. Along the Seine River, you can find boat trips and across one of the bridges, Pont des Arts, are love locks. The idea of love locks signifies that one’s love is infinite and locked together, without the need for a key to unlock and break apart. There is also the Wall of Love, a wall written with “I love you” in multiple different languages spoken in the world.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

As a world-renowned city, Dubai is most famous for its luxury hotels, restaurants, resorts, vacations and warm hospitality towards all visitors and guests alike. In Dubai, you can find the best upscale restaurants and bars —like CÉ LA VI Dubai — with a beautiful view of the surrounding landscape as seen from the rooftop floor. For couples, activities such as going to the beach can be an exciting experience within a vastly distinct cultural background. Jumeirah Beach is one such popular location for tourists. Another must-visit location for couples is the Dubai Mall. The Dubai Mall is enormous — the world’s largest mall in size and includes over 1200 stores and shops. Alongside shopping, there’s an aquarium for people to explore underwater animals. Relaxing and intimate activities such as spas, massages or cosmetic care are available at hotels, resorts or local businesses. In Dubai, the possibilities are endless and perfect for those looking for a glamourous getaway.

Istanbul, Turkey

At the crossroads of Europe and Asia lies Istanbul, a cosmopolitan city filled with endless things to do and places to go. Istanbul’s Bosporus shore is a majestic waterway perfect for a boat trip while soaking in the sun and taking in the natural beauty from all around the encompassing neighborhoods. Historical architectural sites like the Galata Tower make for a romantic spot to grab a coffee and site-see. The main street, Istiklal Avenue, is a popular attraction that presents numerous local shops and boutiques, theatres, libraries, restaurants and cafés, to name a few. Istiklal Avenue is visited by millions of tourists each year to take in its beauty. In Istanbul, you can discover what hidden gems lie from within the heart of the city.

These cities are just a small selection of locations ideal for acknowledging and celebrating Valentine’s Day with your significant other. Ultimately, Valentine’s Day can be celebrated anywhere across the world and in any individualized or customized way that is preferred. The takeaway from this article is to spend the special day however you like and with whoever you love. Do something that both you and your partner will cherish and remember forever.

Morgan is a Hospitality Management major with a minor in the French language. She is an international travel bug who loves to explore the world and experience different cultures. She is a history enthusiast at heart. Catch her anywhere from reading travel blogs, writing, watching historical dramas or docs to tanning at the beach, shopping till she drops, and eating out.