This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Whether it’s a friendship or a partnership, there’s always room to deepen and improve the connection. Sometimes it can be hard knowing how to connect with others beyond the surface-level or deciding on how to spice things up. Thankfully, there’s plenty of apps out there specifically for this reason. Here are three apps dedicated to finding fun ways to deepen relationships.

Love Nudge

Love Nudge is an app for partners, to help them connect with each other based on the five different love languages. These five love languages include words of affirmation, acts of service, gifts, quality time and touch. The app opens with a survey to determine each persons’ top love language by ranking them all. This allows users to understand what they value most in romantic relationships.

The app then helps partners connect and deepen their understanding of each others’ love languages. One of the app’s features allows partners to create goals oriented toward their love languages. For example, if one of the partner’s top love languages is acts of service, their partner can set a goal to make them breakfast once a week. The app provides hundreds of suggested activities and allows users to create their own. They also allow partners to send each other ideas and encourage each other.

Agape

Agape means unconditional love in Greek. The app is affirmation-based and created to stimulate meaningful conversations between partners. Each day, partners receive a personalized question and their answers are shared when both respond. A question that partners might be asked could include “What’s something your partner did in the past week that made you laugh?” The app also has daily questions based on reflection that’s only seen by the individual user, which allows users to connect with themselves as well. Aside from the daily question, the app offers fun games to spice up date night, like truth or dare and pillow talk.

Cappuccino

If you’ve ever wanted to start a podcast with your friends, Cappuccino is the app for you. It allows users to create podcast groups and share small voice recordings called beans. Users can create prompts for their groups to discuss or send a good morning bean to let their friends know they’re thinking of them. It’s a fun way to record chats and discuss a variety of topics. When conversations are complete, users can listen to all the beans they recorded in a podcast-styled recording. 

These apps are perfect for any relationship, whether close or far. It’s easy to fall into the habit of not being present and endlessly scrolling through phones when together with friends or partners. These apps make it easy to find new ways to spark a conversation or do something special for each other. Sometimes it’s the simple things that make a big difference in relationships.

Shelby is a junior majoring in Advertising and Public Relations at the University of Central Florida. She spends most of her days on Netflix, thrifting, planning trips she can't afford, and hanging with her friends. When she's in the mood for some me-time she can be found cuddling her two cats