This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

A few months back, I was determined to not buy the same concealer over and over again but to branch out and try new ones. I chose to shoot in the dark and try most of them without looking at the reviews provided online, and going off of my own judgment. As biased as that could seem and knowing every skin type is different, I went back and did some research on my own personal favorites to bring this list to you all.

elf 16-hour camo concealer

Because this was the first concealer to inspire my idea, I was extremely surprised with not only the results but the price! At only $6, it provides so much coverage without leaving you cakey or showing any dark circles. It really proved to me that a simple drugstore concealer can do so much for you, and left me eager to explore everything Elf and other brands had to offer as well.

l’oreal Paris infallible

This is my current concealer and I would 100% buy this again. Not only is it affordable, easy to apply and blends well with the skin, but it also provides full coverage for those days when the eye bags are kicking in (me most days). Coming across this concealer was intriguing to me, as the purpose of it was probably to be paired with the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Powder Foundation that actually went viral on TikTok for a while. As someone who is a bigger fan of concealer than foundation, I hopped on this one instead and still felt as if I was participating in the trend in my own way.

Tarte sea hydroconcealer

To my surprise, I had actually run across this hidden gem by accident. I went looking for the Tarte’s Shape Tape Concealer (which is known to be wildly popular recently) and due to very popular demand, it was out of stock. Because I was in desperate need of a new concealer, and this seemed like the next best option, I took the risk and took it home. Now, I think it’s safe to say that although Tarte’s Shape Tape is very popular, I never even thought about trying it after trying this one out. Not only is it water and sweat-proof, but it also provides 12-hour hydration to any skin tone and it’s vegan! This concealer is also a part of the Tarte’s Sea collection, which stands for Simple, Effective, and Always vegan. Included in this collection is a new line of lip glosses, skincare and other makeup must-needs that are more neutral and careful to the skin. If you’re looking for something that is a bit more lightweight, but as effective as Tarte’s Shape Tape, this one is for you.

Julia Zanatta is a senior at University of Central Florida. This is her third year writing for Her Campus, and she is so grateful to be a part of the team. She is majoring in English, Creative Writing track. In her free time, she likes to read, journal, paint, and listen to music.