david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

20 Things to Do in Orlando Halloween Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Reading the title of this article alone has me in dismay. How is it already Halloween weekend? Unlike most of my friends, I don’t even have a costume prepared for everyone’s favorite holiday. I do, however, have plans! For all you costume-less, last minute people, and for all you prepared ones too, join me in some of the festivites happening in Orlando this weekend.

Thursday 10/31:

It’s a given that downtown Orlando will be jam-packed with people and things to do. If that’s the route you’re heading towards this Halloween, consider checking out the following events below. If you’ll still be in the downtown area but don’t want to spend your night at a block party, there are some other options in here for you too!

Free Halloween at Dinosaur World – Starting at 9 AM: This one is for the kiddies! Bring your younger siblings, cousins, or whathaveyou to Dinosaur World for a free admission to the park. I sure wish my parents knew about this when I was a little kid! Free to children ages 3-12, adult tickets are $14.95.

Scare Away Hunger at Feeding Children Everywhere – From 6 to 7:30 PM: Do your good deed of the day, dress up in your favorite costume, and help prepare packed meals for the US Hunger program. You won’t find any tricks here, but you’ll certainly be in for a treat! Canned food will be exchanged for candy. Free to the public.

Halloween Horror Nights – Opens at 6:30 PM: Yes, chances are you’ve already gone. Why not go again? This is your complete guide to a successful Halloween with these elaborate haunted houses. Tickets vary from $38-$91.

Old Town Halloween Festival of Fright – 7 to 11 PM: Start your night off early by heading to Old Town and enjoy live performances, costume contests, four fright zones, and more! Free to the public.

A Petrified Forest – 7:30 to 11 PM: For all you Halloween enthusiasts, treat yourself to a night of the scariest haunted trails, laser tag, and good eats. A Pretrified Forest only runs until November 2nd, so if you’ve never been before I definitely recommend going before it shuts down! $15 entry fee.

Downtown Orlando Ghost Tours at the Harry Buffalo – Starting at 8 PM: If you’re into all things spooky, this could be your calling. Stop by the Harry Buffalo and discover the historic and shady past of our city right off of Church Street. Tickets are $30 per person.

Church Street Halloween Party – Starting at 8 PM: Just about everything you could expect from a standard downtown block party. Live music and plenty of drinks. Get your best costume ready because there will be a contest with a $3,000 cash prize. $10 entry fee.

Halloween Block Party – Starting at 9 PM: Another downtown block party! You’ll find this one off Wall Street and Court Street. Free admission to some areas of the event, $5 for others.

Halloween with the 407 All Stars at the Smiling Bison – 10 PM: Located off Bennett Road where the old Redlight Red Light was, the Smiling Bison has just as much charm! Enjoy live jazz music and a delicious late night menu. Free to the public.

Friday 11/1:

It’s the first Friday of the month and you know what that means. First Friday Festivals!

First Friday at Rollins College – 4 PM: Head over to Winter Park and spend your afternoon listening in on gallery talks, or just stop by for some light refreshments and a peace of mind. Free to the public.

First Friday at Baldwin Park – 5:30 to 9:30 PM: Food specials and an art stroll. What’s not to love? Free to the public.

Saturday 11/2: 

American Indian PowWow at the Central Florida Fairgrounds – 10 AM to 10 PM: Here you’ll find artists selling their artwork, featherwork, pottery, and more! Not to mention a buffalo burger that I hear is to die for. $6 per person.

Fall Fiesta in the Park at Lake Eola – 10 AM to 5 PM: Now there’s always something going on at Lake Eola, but this is one thing that you don’t want to miss out on. Over 600 vendors will flood our park with awesome handmade crafts, food, and other goodies for you to get your hands into. Free to the public.

Orlando Greek Fest at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox School – 11 AM to 11 PM: Authentic Greek food and live dance performances! $3 per person.

14th Annual Taste of Orlando at Waterford Lakes Town Center – 11 AM to 5 PM: Where are my food lovers at? Stop by this plaza to enjoy treats from local shops such as Sweet! By Good Golly Miss Holly, 100 Montaditos, Mellow Mushroom, and plenty more. $15-20 per person.

Beer and Bacon Festival at Cranes Roost Park – 3 to 7 PM: As if the Bacon Festival didn’t just happen, we are blessed with another bacon extravaganza! The name of this event pretty much explains itself. Drown some bacon down with over 30 different types of beer available to sample. Tickets are $25 in advance and $35 at the gate.

The moment of truth when you have to decide whether or not you want to see Minus the Bear or Kurt Vile more.

Minus the Bear, INVSN, and Slow Bird at the Beacham – 6 PM: Tickets are $20-25 each.

Kurt Vile and the Violators and Beach Fossils at the Social – 6:30 PM: Tickets are $17 each.

Sunday 11/3:

13th Orlando Japan Festival at The Village at Hunters Creek – noon to 5 PM: Learn more about the Japanese culture over some drinks and authentic food. Free to the public.

Downtown Orlando Fashion Week – 11/3 to 11/9: Keep your eyes peeled for fashion shows, beauty and art expos, and more throughout the week. Visit this website for prices and more details.

UCF Contributor