14 Tendencies All Dog Owners Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.
  1. Coming to terms with the fact that there always will be dog hair on everything you own.  

2. Checking in with him to make sure he isn’t offended when you baby talk to him.

3. Blessing your dog when he sneezes.

4. Not wanting to move, while laying in bed, so you don’t disturb your dog, because you care more about his sleep than your comfortability.

5. Making sure your dog stays hygienic.  Then, after he gets a haircut and bath, having a whole photo shoot with him to post on all your social media sites.  

6. Flipping your dog’s ears back and reassuring him that he is the prettiest dog on the planet.

7. Making up and calling your dog by a nickname that is not even remotely similar to any type of conventional dog name.

8. Feeling betrayed when your dog goes to be pet by someone who isn’t you, then, subsequently, going through an existential crisis until he comes back.

9. Leaving and not telling anyone where you’re going but taking 5 minutes to explain to your dog where and with who you are going, reassuring him of your love, and making sure he knows you will be home in a few hours.

10. Letting your dog smell your hands after you had been with another dog and pleading with him to forgive you for cheating on him.

11. Trying to punish bad behavior and then thinking you were too harsh, thus ending up apologizing and begging for forgiveness.

12. Letting your dog outside, sitting down, seeing he wants to be let inside, getting up, letting him in, sitting back down and then seeing he wants to go outside again.

13. Asking if your dog wants to go for a walk to see his reaction and then realizing you now have to take him for a walk.

14. Being ready to fight anyone who says their dog is better than yours in any way.

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Jess is in her third year at UCF. She is an Advertising and Public Relations major who absolutely loves to write. Jess also tutors on campus at the Writing Center. When she is not writing, working or studying, you can find Jess at the pool, since she loves to swim and play water polo. Jess is super energetic and friendly, so if you see her on campus be sure to say hi! Go Knights!
UCF Contributor