12 Things You Should Be Doing in Orlando Before Next Wednesday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Disliking the city that you live in seems to be a reoccuring fad as of recent, especially if you aren’t living in the Big Apple or somewhere on the west coast. I’m just as guilty as the next person. It’s hard to get yourself out of the inevitable downfall of becoming bored with your current location. Following up with last week’s article on six tools to serve as your tour guide, Orlando really is more than just tourist attractions and beaches. When “the city beautiful” isn’t really cutting it for you anymore, just refer back to us for a weekly guide of what’s happening in Orlando.

Wednesday 10/23:

6 PM at Rollin’s College – All Women’s Bike Ride: This one is for the ladies! Celebrate cycling as an equal opportunities activity. Grab your bikes and meet outside of Pugsley Hall off Park Avenue. All levels of biking are welcome. Bring your girlfriends, moms, and heck, even your grandma! Free to the public.

8 PM at Firestone Live – Orlando Zombie Ball: Celebrate Halloween early with your friends this year! Free drinks, scare zones, costume contents, and more. Presale tickets are $10 and $15 at the door. Costumes are a must!

10 PM at Spacebar – Spacebar Comedy: Head over to the Milk District every Wednesday and get your laugh on with some of Orlando’s finest comedians. Free to the public.

Thursday 10/24:

7:30 AM at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida – Calling all social media wizards and the early birds! Treat yourself to this social media seminar for non-profits and learn which platforms work best for your business. $25 includes breakfast and a workbook.

9 PM at Will’s Pub: The Deer Tracks and Saskatchewan – Just because you couldn’t make your way down to Miami for Arcade Fire’s secret show doesn’t mean you can’t treat your ears in Orlando! Enjoy the Deer Track’s electronic Swedish tunes, accompanied by Orlando’s local band Saskatchewan’s synthy beats. $8 entry fee.

Friday 10/25:

5:30 PM at the University of Central Florida: Spooky Knight 5K Run/Walk – Get in the Halloween spirit, put your best costume on, and participate in a run for a good cause! All donations go to the Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida. Free to the public.

8 PM in Downtown Orlando: The Creative City Project – For all you creative souls! This project supports the idea that artists can come together to make the city of Orlando a more beautiful place. Free to the public.

10 PM at the Peacock Room: Native Feel – Support your local artists! These two locals compare their music to the connection between nature and sound. You won’t be disappointed. Also performing: Chris Tart, VSN QST, and Frank Asaurus Fresh. $5 entry fee.

Saturday 10/26:

10 AM – 6 PM at Orlando Festival Park: Central Florida Veg Fest – The return of the Central Florida Veg Fest has finally come! Don’t miss out on this awesome opportunity to network your business, learn more about vegetarianism, experience food preparation demonstrations, or even just snack on some tasty veg-friendly treats. Free to the public.

Sunday 10/27:

10 AM – 4 PM at Lake Eola: Orlando Farmer’s Market – This is my personal Sunday go-to. Live music, local vendors, amazing food, pumpkin carving, and of course, $10 bottomless mimosas. Sit back and enjoy your Sunday! Free to the public.

Monday 10/28:

6 PM at Fort Maitland Park: Happy Hour Paddle Boarding Party – Why not? Grab a friend, BYOB, and hop on a paddleboard to get the full party experience. This event is held every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so if you can’t make it one day, just go when you can! $25 per person includes the board.

Tuesday 10/29:

6:30 PM – 10 PM in the Milk District: Tasty Tuesdays – Enough said. If you haven’t experienced this little gem, definitely start treating yourself. Check out the official Tasty Tuesdays Facebook page to stay updated on what trucks will be out each week. Pro-tip: If the Soup to Nuts truck is there, GO. Free to the public.

Until next week, collegiettes! Try something new. This week isn’t looking so bad now, is it?

UCF Contributor