This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

If you are like me, sometimes you are just in the mood to stay in bed, get under a comfy blanket, and have a good cry. When this mood hits us, it is time to sit down (or lay down), prepare the T.V. (or computer) and choose a movie. To help you with that, I made a selection of 10 movies that will make you bawl your eyes out for sure. 

Get ready and don’t forget to keep a box of tissues handy.

Irreplaceable You

Synopsis: Abbie and Sam have been best friends since childhood and are engaged to be married. However, their lives comes crashing down when Abbie is given a terminal cancer diagnosis. Faced with the prospect of an uncertain timeline, Abbie begins a search for a new love to take care of Sam. Along the way, Abbie makes unlikely friendships with three patients whose one thing in common is that they focus on living, while they are dying.

A Walk to Remeber

Synopsis: Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter, two completely different teenagers develop a powerful and inspirational relationship in which they discover truths that take most people a lifetime to learn.

Eight Below

Synopsis:  The frozen wasteland of Antarctica serves as the background for a tale about the bonds of friendship and loyalty. Three members of a scientific expedition, Jerry Shepard, his friend Cooper and an American geologist, must leave their beloved sled dogs behind after a devastating accident and increasingly perilous weather conditions. Alone, the dogs struggle to survive the harsh Antarctic winter.

Me Before You

Synopsis:  Young and quirky Louisa “Lou” Clark moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor, a wealthy young banker left paralyzed from an accident two years earlier. Will’s cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.

Hachi: A Dog’s Tale

Synopsis: A college professor finds an abandoned dog on a train platform and forms a lasting bond. This is an amazing movie based on an unimaginable true story.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Synopsis: During World War II, 8-year-old Bruno and his family leave Berlin to take up residence near the concentration camp where his father has just become commandant. Unhappy and lonely, he wanders out behind his house one day and finds Shmuel, a Jewish boy of his age. Though the barbed-wire fence of the camp separates them, the boys begin a forbidden friendship, oblivious to the real nature of their surroundings.

Videos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Julia is a sophomore at the University of Central Florida. Her major is Advertising - Public Relations. Julia was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and this is her first year in the U.S. She loves experiencing new things and exploring the world around her.
UCF Contributor