Theme parks are awesome places to go on a date, but they’re pretty pricey—you practically have to sell your soul to afford those tickets. Orlando has so much more to offer than a day with Mickey or Harry. Luckily, we’ve come up with a list of unique places you can try out the next time you want to try a new date spot.
1. Rock climbing– Nothing builds trust quite like this exciting number (trust me). It puts your life literally in the palm of their hands. This idea is great if you’re more of a thrill seeker and would rather do something more exciting than gaze into each other’s eyes. Not to worry though, because you’ll definitely get a good view of your date while they’re climbing their way up to the top—I’m not saying, but I’m saying. You’ll also realize you don’t really know how much you trust someone until you’re 30 feet in the air and they are the ones making sure you don’t come crashing down.
2. Dinner and a movie at the Enzian Theater- Putting a whole new spin on things, this date idea redefines you’re average “dinner and a movie.” Showing mostly independent and foreign films, the theater is set up with tables and sofas in front of the screen so you can dine while you watch. Now if only they only served spaghetti so you can have a total Lady and the Tramp moment. (Click here to see the theatre’s site)
3. Dinner and dancing at Ceviche- When you’re looking for something a little more flavorful, this date idea will not disappoint. This is basically the girl in the red dress emoji in the flesh. Located in Downtown Orlando, this spanish style restaurant offers live entertainment on different days of the week. Catch one of the live flamenco shows, order some tapas and a pitcher of sangria and you’ll feel like you’re in Madrid, Spain instead of Orlando, Florida. They also offer “Tapas Tuesdays” specials which are great for the college budget. (Check it out here)
4. Concert- For all my music fans out there, this one’s for you. Nothing says “good time” like belting out to your favorite song with the one that you have heart eyes for. Orlando has so many different venues and concerts every week, you’ll be sure to find one that you’ll enjoy jamming out to. Check to see if you’re favorite band is on tour.
5. Coffee date- Yes, this is the one where you’re probably going to gaze into each others eyes. And if you’re a caffeine addict, then this one is perfect for you. Now, this isn’t your basic trip into Starbucks kind of date—not that there’s anything wrong with the PSL. Orlando has so many awesome local coffee shops to offer that you’d be crazy not to try them out. Everything from shops’ twinkly lights hanging on the ceiling, to live music and art shows. A little bit of coffee and good conversation goes a long way.
6. Ice cream date: The Soda Fountain- Take a step back in time when you walk into this 1950’s inspired ice cream shop. Enjoy milk shakes, floats, or even share a banana spilt (or not, and steal some of his too) while doodling on their chalkboard walls. You can even be cheesy and carve both of your initials on there. The location is perfect if you want to take stroll around after you’re done, and for any Gilmore Girls fans, it might remind you of Stars Hollow. So channel your inner Rory Gilmore. (Take a look)
7. Farmers market and lunch-This idea let’s you get a little creative. You can either pick out something fresh at the farmer’s market and whip up something together, or pick your favorite restaurant on Park Ave and have a delicious lunch. You can also grab a bite to eat while at the farmer’s market. There are so many options to choose from, you might have to just try a little bit of everything. And since there’s two of you, there’s more food to share!
7. Winter Park Boat Tour- Perfect for when the weather decides to cooperate. Float down the canals of Winter Park and hear about the history behind them. I highly recommend going when the sun isn’t scorching, so you don’t melt next to your date.
9. Sporting event- Sports enthusiasts rejoice! Cheer on your favorite sports team with your number one by your side. There are so many games to choose from depending on the season; whether it be the Orlando Magic, Orlando City, or even your very own UCF teams. Nothing says “I love you” quite like screaming “GOAL” or “TOUCHDOWN” with your main squeeze.
10. Brunch- This one might be for the early risers. Instead of doing the typical dinner date, try going out to brunch instead. Not only is brunch the best meal of the day, but it also allows for you both to do anything afterwards—see ideas above.