jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Best Things to Say to Avert an Undesirable Male’s Attention at Pub or Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Here’s the truth- I enjoy going out. I make good grades and am a responsible person, but I can’t worry about school work all of the time. I enjoy dancing and laughing and taking some time to forget about all of my worries and my classes. I like going to Pub or Library with my girlfriends and having fun. However, I have noticed that there are quite a large number of guys who think that it is their natural born right to come up to a girl and say something that is rude and sexist. Even worse is when they suddenly start dancing with you without your permission. Simply saying “no” doesn’t seem to work on these heathens so other tactics must be deployed. I have listed my best ones below for anyone to use. 

1.     “My boyfriend is in the bathroom. He’s in the Marines.”

2.     “Will you excuse me for a second? I have raging diarrhea.”

3.     “I’m looking for a very serious relationship and want to get married within a year.”

4.     “My last boyfriend went missing.”

5.     “You remind me of my dad.”

6.      “I’m sorry if my hands smell weird- I have a lot of ferrets at home.”

7.     “You look just like Seth Rogen.”

8.     “I’m just looking for a sugar daddy.”

9.     “I’m still in high school!”

10.  “I’m actually an undercover cop.” 

You’re welcome ladies. 

Jillian James is a senior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Writing and Rhetoric and minoring in Mass Communication (because apparently you can’t minor in Beyoncé studies). Her favorite food is free because she is a college student and the two loves of her life are Ben and Jerry (of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream fame). If she’s not writing or reading she is probably watching The Office or waiting in line at Starbucks. She loves to show off her dance moves in “inappropriate” places like the grocery store. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Jillianrosej, where she frequently posts things that make people think that she has her life together. 
UCF Contributor