Winter Holiday Activities to Enjoy with Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Winter break is so close we can almost taste it. Although we first need to rock our finals, there’s nothing wrong with looking forward to all the winter holiday activities quickly approaching. It’s the happiest season of all and these activities will spread the cheer to you and your friends!

Ice skating

I absolutely love ice skating! My friends and I can get on a rink and skate in circles for what seems like hours. Being in California, ice skating will make your holiday season come alive. It’s also great to do with either one friend or a big group!

Source: Giphy

Watching holiday movies

It’s not the holiday season until you sit down with friends or family and watch your favorite seasonal films. Make some hot chocolate with marshmallows, grab your favorite holiday sweets from Trader Joe’s, and enjoy the company. The movies I always watch and highly recommend are Elf, A Christmas Story, The Santa Clause, and The Holiday.

Source: Giphy

Driving to the snow

Most of California experiences a full winter without the anticipated first snowfall, but it’s nothing a little road trip can’t fix. Tahoe and Big Bear are a couple locations in sunny California that snow during the holidays. Remember to bundle up and drive safely!

Source: Giphy

Listening to holiday music

The moment Thanksgiving ends, holiday music will blast everywhere you go. Enjoy the songs with your close friends and family, whether it’s in the car or at a seasonal gathering. It’ll surely get you into the holiday spirit!

Source: Giphy

Baking holiday desserts

It’s finally holiday dessert season! It’s safe to say that gingerbread men, molasses cookies, and pumpkin pie are some of the best parts of the holidays. You can’t go wrong with a little bake-fest with friends.

Source: Giphy

Throwing a holiday party

Themed parties are essential to the holiday season. Throw an ugly sweater party, a friends-mas, cookie exchange, or white elephant! Make these parties an ongoing tradition! Your friends will appreciate a good get-together.

Source: Giphy

Happy holidays, collegiettes!

Cover image source: Pexels

Courtney is a senior at the University of California Davis where she is earning her degree in Communication, with minor in English. Courtney is a member of Alpha Delta Pi and is from Santa Barbara, CA. She is an avid reader, Netflix and Hulu watcher, beauty enthusiast, and is a big foodie!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!