Why You Should Watch Broad City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

In 10 perfectly crafted episodes spanning across 3 seasons, Broad City is the flawless culmination of hilarity, feminism, and New York City. It is kind of like Seinfeld in it’s essentially a show about nothing- but it makes me actually laugh out loud every episode.

Here are 5 reasons you should add it to your list of much watch:

1. It’s based off real life best friends Abbi anad Ilana, and their on screen friendship is even more iconic.

Source: Tumblr

2. They are both extreme badass characters. Ladies, don’t forget to pull this move the next time.

Source: Tumblr

3. And this one too:

Source: Tumblr

4. You might recognize this gif. Yup. Broad City is the originator of the famous “Yas queen” phrase.

Source: Tumblr

5. The Casual Feminism, pretty much all the time.

6. It is also not afraid to keep it very real. 

There are SO many reasons to give this one a shot, but most definitely it’s this strong female friendship that is at the very center of the show. Abbi and Ilana support and love each other in the most realistic and honest ways- I can’t think of another show that is doing it better than them!

*Images used do not belong to Her Campus or the author

Alexandra is a sophomore English major at UC Davis. She loves reading and writing, and her favorite things to do consist of playing her clarinet in the Band-Uh and talking about her dog, Bear.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!