This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Editor’s Note: The opinions expressed in this article do not reflect those that are held by Her Campus at UCD or by Her Campus.

On November 8th, Americans elected a man into office who has taken our nation’s wounds of racism, misogyny, and homophobia and rubbed salt in them. But this kind of bigotry will never win, because as we know, love trumps hate. So now, it is time to move past the grieving phase and start fighting for every woman, person of color, LGBTQ individual, Muslim, and minority. Here are some ways you can continue the progressive revolution.

1. Donate to Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood provides reproductive health services for millions of American women, and is threatened by a Trump presidency. Click here to donate — every donation counts. (You also have the option of donating in honor of someone).

2.  Join the Injustice Boycott

A boycott has already been planned for December 5th, 2016 to combat police brutality and racial violence. For more information, click here and add your email to the list.

3. Write Hillary Clinton a Thank You Note

Hillary Clinton’s campaign marks a historic landmark in the struggle for gender equality and representation. I am extremely proud to have put my support behind her, and I am thankful for the waves she has made in challenging the patriarchy. Women have been uniting behind her by sending thank you notes to:

Hillary Clinton

Post Office Box 5256

New York, NY 10185-5256.

4. Spread Love

Make someone’s day today. Hug someone. As simple as it sounds, Americans need all the love we can get today. It helps us find peace. We will get through this together.

Gretchen is a fourth year UC Davis student double majoring in political science and cinema & digital media. As an intersectional feminist, she finds interest in issues of social justice and equality. She also finds interest in dogs, Leonardo DiCaprio movies, and early 2000s music.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!