The Top 5 Places to Hit Up for Black Friday and Cyber Monday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s November, which means Thanksgiving is coming up…and Christmas…and Black Friday/Cyber Monday! Whether you’re braving the crowds in person or making purchases from the comfort of your home online, here are 5 can’t-miss places to score the best deals. 

1) Amazon

Disappointed by Prime Day?  Not to worry!  Amazon set the bar high last year by offering multiple popular Android games, office and music apps FOR FREE, fan-favorite Blu-ray movies for just $4, and other Christmas classics like Uggs for a discounted price.  

2) Target and Walmart

I put these two powerhouses together because you have to choose one or the other to wait in line for.  There isn’t much to say for these two aside from the fact that both stores will be putting out preview catalogues for you to peruse and plan out your course of action.  Want Beats headphones for under $100 or a fancy schmancy state of the art camera?  Get ready to wait in line.

3) Cybermonday.com

Powered by Shop.org, this website is a top source for Cyber Monday deals from more than 700 retailers.  From Bloomingdales to Staples, CyberMonday.com will have you covered. 

4) Ebates.com 

While you’re at the whole online shopping thing, make sure to enter all the online stores through Ebates so that you can get cash back on all your purchases!  With over 1800 stores using it, even a small percentage of cash back can make a difference!  Especially if you’re planning on going ham at one store.

5) PriceBlink.com

Download a price comparison tool so that you know you’re truly getting the best price.  Best part of this price comparison app?  It’s FREE! (Noticing a trend?)

Have fun and make sure to stay warm and wear comfy shoes!  And remember, there’s always next year if you don’t get everything you want. 

Hi, my name is Wendy Hwong and I am currently a fourth-year Communication Studies and Cognitive Science major at the University of California, Davis. In my free time, I enjoy long talks and study sessions in hole-in-wall coffee shops, hiking scenic trails, finding foodie hubs, DIY projects, reading, blogging every so often, and trying to stay fit. On my campus, I am involved in the Professional Sorority and Fraternity Council for Phi Alpha Delta, am a notetaker for the Student Disability Center, and run the publicity campaign for Relay for Life. Writing is one of my passions because it is one of the best ways I have found to connect with others and gives me the ability to create something completely original.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!