Top 3 Haunted Attractions to Check out This Halloween Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s dark. Time begins to tick slowly. As you tip-toe your way around the space in silence, your hands begin to get clammy. Your heartbeat begins to race faster than when you don’t remember if you’ve clicked submit on an assignment that was due the night before.

Just when you begin to feel a sense of relief at the sign of some light in the space, a door slams shut behind you and the room goes dark again. Heavy footsteps accompanied by the most ill-sounding laugh you’ve ever heard of are quickly approaching behind you. What will you do?

Do you have what it takes to enter these haunted attractions?

If your answer was yes, take a look at our top three haunted houses to check out around the Davis area this Halloween season. Just remember, to take a buddy with you; you won’t want to go alone…

1. Heartstoppers Haunted House

Located about 40 minutes west of Davis, the Heartstoppers Haunted House is claimed to be one of the “scariest” haunted houses in the Rancho Cordova area. This haunted house takes you back to the era of the Wild West, but with a twist – it has become the Deadlands. There are over 100 actors and three floors of frightening passages to get your heart pumping and your blood racing. Rated as the best haunted house in Sacramento, it’s no wonder they call it Heartstoppers. Think you have what it takes to venture inside?

Source: Giphy

2. Fright Planet Park

This park is one of its kind; it’s a haunted hayride and a corn maze. Expect the ride of your life as you lie your fate at the hands of an unknown tractor driver as he drives you into the night…  if you decide to venture out into the corn maze, be extremely aware of your surroundings – you just don’t know what might come at you.

Fright Planet Park is about a 25-minute drive from Davis in the city of Sacramento. These attractions are bound to keep you alert as you walk through the darkness of the night, with only the light of the moon and your flashlight to guide your way.  

Source: Make a Gif

3. Ultimate Terror Scream Park

Also located in the Sacramento is the Ultimate Terror Scream Park. With three petrifying mazes that will surely leave you screaming for your life, the Ultimate Terror Scream Park is, well, the ultimate scare. Would you chose to go into their Lobotomy Psycho Show maze first and step foot into an asylum that closed its doors before assuring all of its patients were removed from the property? Truth is, some of them never left… and they are just waiting to show trespassers the horrors they lived through.

Source: Tumblr

Or would you enter the Begrudge maze, a tunnel of worn out restrooms that have been away from public use for years? What is the worst that can happen, really? It’s to take care of business, right?

Last but not least, the park offers the Superstition Killer maze. You become a witness of a gruesome murder that takes place inside a household… but be cautious, you cannot let this murderer know that you’ve witnessed his wrongdoings. He might just have to go after you next.

Source: Tenor

Get ready to get scared this weekend. Happy Halloween collegiettes!

Cover image source: Pexels

Dianna is a fourth year English Major and is minoring in Education at the University of California, Davis. She enjoys going out for runs and being outdoors when the weather permits. 
Mariana graduated from University of California, Davis in 2018 with bachelor's degrees in English and linguistics. She currently works as an editor for a biotechnology company in Seattle, WA.